Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm Jesse. I'm new to the Goldwing world but i currently have a 84 GL1200A after a few weeks of replacing stator and now having a bad rectifier i have decided to do a poorboy conversion. Have done some research on it, but would like some feedback on best practices if those that have the knowledge care to share also i will gladly take pictures of my project and post them on here to share with others.

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
24,349 Posts
:welc: Jesse. Why not just replace the rectifier?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Planning on it, but from my understanding of that this model the stator goes out often and would rather have something more reliable and easy to work on instead of pulling the motor to replace a stator

Jesse. Why not just replace the rectifier?

·
Administrator
21,843 Posts
The stator will go out if the bike isn't maintained and repaired correctly. If you correctly installed a quality stator and use a quality regulator, you should never have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got a regulator on amazon for 15, the stator I’m not sure what brand it was for it came with the bike when I bought it

·
Administrator
24,349 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks I saw someone talking about these I just bought the cheap one to get me by so I can enjoy the bike, I am planning on upgrading it at some point if I don’t do the alternator kit

·
Premium Member
58,233 Posts
Hallo jessedavis528

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts