Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last post was back in August. I asked for info on the years of 1800's to get a better audio system. Thank you all for the input. My '99 was sold and replaced with a 2010 Dark grey metallic with rear spoiler, audio and navigation.
All of the argent colored plastic was replaced with chrome. The bike had just under 23 k miles and is as pristine as I could find. I had to go $500 over budget but I am quite happy to have done so. Budget was 10, I gave 10.5. Not sure if that is a very good price but it was a private party. A stones throw from Onawings house. Very pleased so far and Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Congrats!

There's a bit of a learning curve ahead of you, in terms figuring out the difference in Ergonomics and Maintenance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am right at 6' the ergo's were odd for the first ride .I got used to that fairly quick. I think I am up for the challenge of maintenance. I am by no means a wizard but with help of this forum, I got through my '87 and '99 with no issues.

·
Administrator
24,364 Posts
I am right at 6' the ergo's were odd for the first ride .I got used to that fairly quick. I think I am up for the challenge of maintenance. I am by no means a wizard but with help of this forum, I got through my '87 and '99 with no issues.
Maintenance on an 1800 is not that big of a challenge no matter what the whiners say about getting to the air filter. Just the ease of changing a rear tire more than make up for that.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Don't forget no pics, didn't happen lol Congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
5 Posts
We got similar bikes! I just bought Fred’s DVD’s as well so I hope I can do as much maintenance myself as possible. Intimidating a little since I haven’t worked on bikes (or cars in a long long time) before ...but this community seems to be a wealth of helpful tips and advice.

That air filter change awaits me later this year.

Congrats on getting your new baby. I am so happy with my first Wing (hoping my last unless I win the lottery)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts