Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I brought home my new girl today. She ain't no beauty queen, but with a little rubbing, she will be. She needs a lot of TLC. She seemed to be a little sluggish when accelerating. Everything seems to work, although I haven't tried to intercom yet. On the way home, I stopped after about 45 miles to eat and gas up. After I gassed up, I had gotten my receipt from the pump, I turned around and she just fell over on her right side. I quickly ran around and used the approved method of picking up a tired wing. As she lay there on her side, she told me something. She doesn't have a bell. I let my bell go on my other bike that I traded for the wing. It was a gift so I gave it as a gift to the new owner. I hated that she had to lay down like that to tell me cause it broke the mirror. Anyway I'll be looking for a bell along with a mirror. Along with a lot of advise from you guys.

Attachments

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Ah, someone else with a new to them 1100. At least yours runs. I find a bike project a lot more fun to work on if it at least runs, and fell better about putting work and money into it.

Looks pretty good from the picture, except for all those lights around the back, and the Yosmite Sam mud flap. My recently purchased LTD had all that when I bought it, it was all in the dumpster the next day. I just hate it when someone turns a Goldwing into a rolling junkyard, or a Christmas tree, but that's just my opinion. The 1100 has nice lines, I just hate to see them get messed up. Best of luck with it.

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
imported post

If she laid down, she needed a rest. Seriously though, I'd check the settings on your suspension. NEVER, I repeat NEVER use a compressor to refill air . Use a hand pump. I keep my rears at 38 psi and my front at 14 psi.
Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

well I have put 120 miles on her and I gotta say that she feels like she is pulling an anchor on take off. my 750 and 450 hand more get up. I have already replaced the plugs, the PO had some autolites with the tip still screwed on. She handles great, although I think the rear suspension is leaking down. and the Christmas tree is coming off, I think. The wife likes the extra lites. I don't like the look. Now is she supposed to feel so lazy on take off? I had a 1200 LTD and that thing was bad off the line. I have already put some sea-foam in the tank and will run it out. I'm sure a carb sync and valve adjustment is in need. another thing, my canceling signals will not work on left hand turns, works fine on right hand turns. Looking forward to working on another wing and giving it the TLC it deserves.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

What you want for the "christmas tree"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.