Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always liked the looks of the 84 and up Goldwing Interstate and Aspencade.
After buying the 84 there was some things I didn't care for.

Am getting familiar somewhat with the 84 Gl1200, having never owned a Goldwing and set out to make it fit me a little better.

First thing I did was remove the springs from the foot pegs, and grind the stop on the peg some, so that it will flip all the way up and stay.

Ended up cutting the seat foam down to lower the bike as the bike was a bit too tall. I thought about changing the shocks, but the seat work did the job and while I was in there I added gel and memory foam.

I was totally surprised by the way a Goldwing handles in the twisties, and in slow maneuvers.

I always figured the Goldwing wouldn't handle that well and was just a freeway bike, and I am totally surprised at the nimble way she handles.

It handles a lot better than the large cruiser I am used to (not naming names).

I think I am a Goldwing convert. :claps:

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. When I tried out the 86 Wing, it felt like a sport bike compared to the 1100, so we bought 2 of them :) Had wonderful times on them and plenty of miles until business finally put an end to time for riding for about 12 years.

Regards,

·
Registered
6 Posts
i myself am relitively new , got my baby about 7 months ago , lthough have been the one doing most of the maintenance on it for the past 10 years as was owned by close friend, prior to the wing i had a PC800 and they are great handling bikes ,

ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THE GOLDWING IS I KEEP SCRAPING THE FOOTBOARDS AND TRIM WHEN CORNERING

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.