Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, well thanks for accepting me... I have been riding for quite a few years, most recently on an R3 due to insurance costs where I live, however, the R3 is not very suitable for passengers or long highway cruising. So this spring the wife told me I should buy a bigger bike for us to cruise on!!!... I was pumped, started looking at newer cruiser style bikes. I really like the looks of the full fairing bikes with bags and decided that's what I needed in my life. I looked at Harleys, and Yamahas, and then I saw the Goldwings... Well I absolutely love the look of the New Goldwings so I priced one out, and after seeing some numbers decided that a $600/month bike payment with a $200/month insurance payment on a bike I only get to enjoy for about 5 months of the year tops might not be the best financial decision right now.

But I knew what I wanted and what I liked....and then there it was....a 1982 Goldwing Interstate in wineberry red.

I called the guy and made arrangements to have a look when I was in town, about 80 miles away from me. I met up with him and it was just as he advertised, new tires, brakes, this and that... started right up, and he had a bill for $2200 in repairs that were done just in the fall including the tires. He told me about how his buddy owned the bike forever and then had passed away and the bike was given to him by the buddies family. He stored it for a few years and then decided last year it was time to do something with it so he had it towed to a shop and had all the work done to it to make it a reliable machine. He rode it about 60 miles then parked it for the winter in his garage and this spring decided to part with it. After some discussion over price we made an agreement and he was almost in tears, making me promise to take care of the bike and send him pictures of it when I get a chance to take it on some travels... Of course I agreed and away I went.

Since the paperwork he had didn't show the timing belts being done I decided to do them for piece of mind... They had been done at some point and replaced with Honda belts but I had the belts so I changed them just to be safe.

Sorry for the long posts, here is what everyone wants to see... PICTURES!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

She's a beaut - Should give you a good many years of riding enjoyment!

·
Premium Member
58,248 Posts
Hallo bhurt

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome from the west coast rock. Very nice looking bike. You'll have lots of good riding with this one. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Everyone!!!

Welcome from the west coast rock. Very nice looking bike. You'll have lots of good riding with this one. Cheers
I was just in nanaimo visiting family, took the car though. Went to a Bike recycler in chemainus and found a sweet custom seat and a replacement front fender.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts