Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,634 Posts
Hallo 82standard

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Magic Moderator
4,864 Posts
Hello and the forum, glad to have U with Us.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Welcome neighbor.

Bike pics?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello all, funny how life suddenly gets in front of our lives. My thanks to all who welcomed me to the site. A brief explanation of how i came to own this `82; After having met and married the ONE who mattered and gaining employment, my neighbor came to the door one Saturday morning and said "do you want the Goldwing"? Something in his voice made ask, for free? to which he said Yes, and i was now the new owner of a 1982 Goldwing Standard,, Rolling basket case, complete with a H-D tombstone brake light, 6 inch headlight, no turn signals assy`s, single cable throttle with a shortened screen door spring to close the throttle, tires with more casing thread than rubber! But it started and ran, sort of. For Free! That was early March with two feet of snow on the ground. About six months and $2400 later. after all the time She allowed me, i took the bike for its first ride. Fast forward 5 yrs. sold again and it got another overhaul, fast forward again and it came back to me. Its sitting in my garage waiting for its demise. Still looks good with its gloss black paint and homemade flame job. I've got pics on my iPhone, just have to figure out how to move them to this site. I`m a good mechanic however, technology, like my wife, is a little baffling for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, I just re-read my first post, LOL, its all true except the bike was sold and came back just once. My bad. I still havent figured out how to move pics from an iphone11 to this site though, will keep trying. Recently i found a GW repair shop half an hour east of me, bought all the parts he could get for the `82, starter clutch, solenoid, caliper rebuild kits(3), new tires/mounted and balanced, Battery and, access to his bike junk yard where i came home with a pair of air shocks, (need rebuilding) 2 sets of air hoses with attached valves and fittings, ( have been able to buy the parts to rebuild them online, except the big gold colored washers, guess i`ll have to make them), two chrome carry racks, a Honda Drivers? back rest w/ brackets, and, the best part, a 1986 1200 Interstate, 33k miles, in hopefully running condition. It`s all there, a complete bike, And, yet another story. Which is; PO (previous owner) drained the oil and removed the filter, went into his house , got in a fight with his wife, went back out got on the bike and fired it up and went for a ride, less than a mile later realizes his mistake, goes back home, shuts it down, and assuming the he wrecked the motor, sells it to the GW repair shop as seized. A friend and i went to the shop loaded it on a trailer and brought it home a week ago this past Monday. I put a battery in it and it turned over. I didn't let it start though, the bike obviously sat for a Long time, it`s Filthy. But its all there, a complete `86 Interstate with good rubber, stereo cassette, no damage to the body panels or trunk and saddle bags. Don't get me wrong here, i`m not a lucky kind of person, i rarely get my money back on a scratch ticket! I`ll keep everyone posted on the repair and results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I`m a good mechanic, however not to good with technology, if somebody(s) can tell me how to move those pics from an i7S with an i11 update i sure would appreciate it.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,661 Posts
Install the Firefox browser on that iPhone, and then log into this forum, then it will appear, and work just like a PC, complete with the landscape Icon for uploading pictures

1 - 12 of 12 Posts