Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Great looking site!! It seems that after the last hurricane we had my turn signals don't work.My bikecover got blown off and it got a lot of wind and rain. The signal cancels just fine, it doesn't flash at markers or instrument panel.

I have a book but only see how to replace the relay. I have visually inspected it and used my multi meter to check a few things with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks, Larry

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

there should be a flasher relay, and they do go out on these older bikes.... but from what you descibe, I would first go through and spary cleaner and just about every connector and bullt in the electrical system....

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

so are you saying that theturn siganls come on but dont flash ? if so than i would say the flasher can is shot. if it is factory one its a square plastic one on the left side under the false tank , you have to remove it to get to it . a round replacement will fit in the holder . replacement will have 2 pronges factory will have 3 , just leave green wire off the replacement flasher . B pronge is hot--L pronge is to lights ( or load ) flasher run about 10 12 bucks . all this is if the lights come on but dont flash . hope this helps .

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

did u try a search at the top? also fill in your lacation assomeone close might be able to help

wow some guys are fast in here

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

thanks for the imput about my turn signals,it is good to know there is help out there for us "old guys"

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
imported post

col fish wrote:
thanks for the imput about my turn signals,it is good to know there is help out there for us "old guys"
Welcome col fish:waving:

I don't remember any hurricanes her in California. I say that because you don't have a location and I feel in a -----mood. LOL:(

The flasher can would be my first guess. Second guess would be a ground problem. Maybe a wet connector somewhere. after that or maybe just because do as rcmatt says.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
imported post

Any bulbs burnt out? I suppose that was checked, right?

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Col Fish

When you get a minute please fill in your location under your profile.

Visit often, Contribute as much as you can and above all ride safe.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
imported post

Nah! I think you guys are all wrong. He must be in Arizona because he didn't say in his Profile Location that he is any where else? :cooldevil: but, I don't remember a hurricane coming through here either :)

Hey Col Fish, if you haven't got the hint already,
click on "My Account" and then Profile and enter your Location.

This site has members on it from all points and countries of the world. It really helps us a lot in how we answer your questions. Okay?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the greatest forum Col Fish. If you can't get the answer here, it isn't to be found.
Are you on East Coast Carolina? We've been known to have hurricanes. If you haven't heard, fill out your location!!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
imported post

We had the remains of Hurricane Ike come through here in Michigan a few weeks back. Maybe he's from around here?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.