Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My dad just picked up a 1500 to replace the 1100 I appropriated. We have a few questions.

There is a lever up under the right rear storage compartment and speaker, what is it for?

The radio and dash display does not work with the bike running, but does with the key in acc. Any helpful hints?
The tuner on the bars doesn't work either.

How do you remove the seat?

The left lower bag will not open. One latch pops, the rear, the front remains latched. Any tips?

I am sure that I will spend some quality time with the service manual, but at 700+ pages it aint a light read. Jay

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

Big Port Jimmy 6 wrote:
My dad just picked up a 1500 to replace the 1100 I appropriated. We have a few questions.

There is a lever up under the right rear storage compartment and speaker, what is it for?
That is for the adjustable passenger footboards. To raise them up, you move the lever toward the seat. To lock them back down, have the pass. sit in the seat and when you move the lever, they will press down on the boards.

The radio and dash display does not work with the bike running, but does with the key in acc. Any helpful hints?
The tuner on the bars doesn't work either.
Hmmmm....not sure of the problem, but it sounds electrical. Maybe someone with more experience will come along shortly

How do you remove the seat?
There are 4 bolts....2 each side....they are in the seat handle. Just remove the bolts, grab the back of the seat and tilt up and pull back.

The left lower bag will not open. One latch pops, the rear, the front remains latched. Any tips?
Sounds like the latch is stuck....don't rip it..just give it a nice pull and it should come free. There is a little resistance when opening the bags anyway.
I am sure that I will spend some quality time with the service manual, but at 700+ pages it aint a light read. Jay
Welcome aboard. Just keep posting questions and reading the manual....this is a great site with helpful people....maybe someone close can give you a "on-site" Q&A session.
Your not too far away in Abbeville....maybe can help ya out when I get some time off.

·
Honda Guru
2,074 Posts
imported post

Jay....

start reading.... there's a ton of info there and at some time or another you'll need it.

But it also good to have the OWNERS MANUAL if it didn't come with the bike. There's info in it that isn't included in the service manual. And it's an easier read:waving:

1- you've got an SE model. the lever is a release for the adjustable passenger floorboards. You can have them in the HI or the LO position.

2- under the left sidecover (the plastic one with 'GoldWing' on it) is the fuse box and the relay box. Fuses 2, 9, 10 and 12 should be checked. Don't just look at them; check them with an ohmeter. Relay #8 could be aproblem. Swap it with any other relay to test it. Fuse #12 is in the relay box.

3- it's bolted on. You'll need to use a 6mm allen wrench to remove the bolts. There are plastic covers in the passenger arm grabs that pry out to expose the bolts.

4- look inside the rear upper trunk. You'll find 2 plastic plugs in the bottom. Below the plugs are levers that you can push down to open the trunks. Obviously the left side lever opens the left saddlebag. Same for the right side. Then you can look inside and see whats messed up. There's a section in the manual with a nice blowup picture of the mechanism to help you out.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Go to the bottom of the trunk, of the side that is stuck. You should see a rubber plug. Remove the plug put your finger through the hole and push down the plunger to release the cover completely. Then just adjust the cable, when it's open.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard, there is a push pin almost under the seat on top of each bag, this is a manual opener if you cable fails. It's hard to get at with the seat on but it is do-able. The only trouble you have is the LCD display and that could be easy or a real PITA. I'd try swapping a couple relays around to see if changes anything. Relay are under the left side cover under the seat. Best of luck and you'll love the move to the 1500SE.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

inside the trunk toward the front rt is a plug for emergencey release , pull the plug and you will see a button to push , it will release the saddle bag latches from there you can adjust the release tabs . check the other side tabs and adjust according , it will get you close .also check under trunkare 4 srews to remove, carefully pull back on cover then down it will come off to inspect release lever cables to make sure they are in their holders properly. caution on removeing this pannel there are tabs on it that run up into reflectors that are prone to break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.