Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK a little while ago I got an email and a PM from 2 different members on our site asking if they could donate some tools for the loaner program. Now I was first contacted by email from "JOE AGRILLO" about him donating a rear swing arm lock nut tool for the 1200 and the 1500. With this tool you can properly " LOAD and UNLOAD" the castle nutthat Torques the bearings on the swing arm assembly instead of using the old "Hammer and Chisel" method. So keep this in mind just in case you need to repair or rebuild the swing arm assembly!!. I don't haveJOE'S user ID on the forum but be sure to thank him for the donation!!!.

Next is Charlie"He donated a set of SYNCHRONIZATION GAUGES" they are the 4 vacuum dial gauges with all of the hardware and hose's included with them. They also have the mixture adjusters already installed into the hose's. According to BAGMASTER when I took over the program we had another set of gauges but we lost in the USPS some how??. These will be the replacement of those that were lost. I just got a PM from Steve Saunders asking me what tooling we needed and to ask the members what they would like to see in the tool loaner program. Keep in mind that we have a few items already in the program, but if there is something within reason you would like to see, feel free to post it and we will consider it!!. Again please let these members know of your appreciation for these donation. Remember if it wasn't for members like this the program would not be where it's at today. Thanks, and Thank you JOE and CHARLIE!!!!..............................Allan AKA flyboyziel56..................................................

eyeore30200is Charlie!!!

:claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps:

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

This is from CHARLIE!!!!

Attachments

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

And this is from JOE

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:bow:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Thank you Joe & Charlie!!:applause::applause::applause:

And thank you Allan for running the loaner program!

John

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:

John
I echo what John said! Many Thanks to the tool donors and to Allan who takes care of this for all of us which we all can benefit from! This is just a small example of what makes this the best Goldwing forum around! :bow:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
imported post

:claps: :claps: :claps: :claps: :claps:

Fantastic rejuvenation of a fantastic benefit of our family forum.

:claps: :claps: :claps: :claps: :claps:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Thanks Joe and Charlie. Although Im not eligible to barrow yet, I don't have the need yet, but may someday, So Thank You ahead of time.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I just found I still have a timing sight glass for the older 'Wings,alsoa home made carb sync locknut/screwdriver tool which is handy for holding the adjusting screw while snugging the lock nut on the carburetor linkage. PM me with an address and I'll be happy to donate them.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

exavid wrote:
I just found I still have a timing sight glass for the older 'Wings,alsoa home made carb sync locknut/screwdriver tool which is handy for holding the adjusting screw while snugging the lock nut on the carburetor linkage. PM me with an address and I'll be happy to donate them.
Thanks exavid!!

I'll shoot you a PM with my address and add it to the program!!. I just wanted to pop in here to say Thank You to all that have posted and I appreciate you all for allowing me to continue the program. I believe we can make it better with the support of our members. I also believe with the without the generosityof the people that support this program it would not be where it is today!!. With that being said I'm very humbled to be the Fourms Toolmaster!!!. Thank you again!!!

...........................................Allan AKAflyboyziel56......................................................

:bow::bow::bow::bow::cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin::bow::bow::bow::bow:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Well done Joe and Charlie, and you too Allan. You had a hard act to follow afer Bagmaster, and you are doing a great job.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
Jluvs2dive wrote:

John
I echo what John said! Many Thanks to the tool donors and to Allan who takes care of this for all of us which we all can benefit from! This is just a small example of what makes this the best Goldwing forum around! :bow:
Me also :claps::claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Hey Allan Did you say the ones I sent to NC are Missing? Let me know I insured those for 100 bucks when I sent them out.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

This is for a VTX but I have the tool for taking the upper leg of the fork apart.

I have a set of synchronizer gauges too. They’re the ones in the black plastic case. I don't have a picture of them but they have the adaptors for just about every conceivable carburetor and have four gauges.

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Hey Allan Did you say the ones I sent to NC are Missing? Let me know I insured those for 100 bucks when I sent them out.
NO JAY!!! I said they got there on Saturday like you said they would. and thank you for getting back to me on this. this is what makes the program work!!!.

Allan AKAflyboyziel56

:cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Okay thanks Allan..I was worried and was dreading the trip to the Post Office to start the process. I used that one price deal they offer and with the insurance it only came to around 13 bucks to ship..Got there faster then UPS got it to me.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

By the way Allan..I don't know if folks want to do it but when I sent the package I enclosed a little post card of something unusual around here. I enclosed a panoramic Card and explanation of Tortilla Flats up at Canyon Lake. Thought it would be kind of fun. I should have enclosed a picture of my Bike and a howdy note.:waving:

http://tortillaflataz.com/

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

flyboyziel56 wrote:
OK a little while ago I got an email and a PM from 2 different members on our site asking if they could donate some tools for the loaner program. Now I was first contacted by email from "JOE AGRILLO" about him donating a rear swing arm lock nut tool for the 1200 and the 1500. With this tool you can properly " LOAD and UNLOAD" the castle nutthat Torques the bearings on the swing arm assembly instead of using the old "Hammer and Chisel" method. So keep this in mind just in case you need to repair or rebuild the swing arm assembly!!. I don't haveJOE'S user ID on the forum but be sure to thank him for the donation!!!.

Next is Charlie"He donated a set of SYNCHRONIZATION GAUGES" they are the 4 vacuum dial gauges with all of the hardware and hose's included with them. They also have the mixture adjusters already installed into the hose's. According to BAGMASTER when I took over the program we had another set of gauges but we lost in the USPS some how??. These will be the replacement of those that were lost. I just got a PM from Steve Saunders asking me what tooling we needed and to ask the members what they would like to see in the tool loaner program. Keep in mind that we have a few items already in the program, but if there is something within reason you would like to see, feel free to post it and we will consider it!!. Again please let these members know of your appreciation for these donation. Remember if it wasn't for members like this the program would not be where it's at today. Thanks, and Thank you JOE and CHARLIE!!!!

That was very generous of Charlie and Joe, thanks very much. Thanks also to exavid, vtxcandyred and everyone else who donated tools for this.:applause:

As Allan also mentioned, we would like some suggestions for new tools to add to the Tool Loaner Program. I've already put money aside for another set of carb gauges, to allow for another set wearing out. In addition to that, there is another couple of hundred dollars for more tools.

Suggestions please in this thread.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.