Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a little extra money so I decided I needed another gun.:p Thought about it long and hard and decided what I wanted was an AR in 7.62x39. I have a Chinese made AK47 but I've already shot it,:rolleyes: and lots of ammo. I found a good price on an upper I liked from delta team tactical but I had a question about it so I sent them an email (no chance of getting them on the phone), that was almost 2 weeks ago and still don't have an answer. All I got from them was a lot of emails promoting their products. Since customer service is worth something I ordered one from Optics planet, I have dealt with them and always got good service. Got some of the parts yesterday and tracking showed the rest was delivered this morning, not to me it wasn't. Called them this morning and was told to wait until tomorrow and if it didn't show they would send me another one. About 5:30 this afternoon a neighbor showed up with my stuff. Said the mail man left it at their house.
I hate it because I had to do some work today:( rather than playing with my new toy & it was a really nice day for that.
Glad the neighbor was a decent person.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Glad you got her and can't wait for a range report!! I never really have liked the M-16/AR-15 style rifles since I was qualifying on the range in Basic Training and requalifying before I was stationed overseas. Used an M-16 single fire not full auto.. Did not care for the blowback at all!!! But if you were to give me a BAR Hunter in .270 or 7mm Rem Mag now THEN We'd be Talkin'!!!!!

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you got her and can't wait for a range report!! I never really have liked the M-16/AR-15 style rifles since I was qualifying on the range in Basic Training and requalifying before I was stationed overseas. Used an M-16 single fire not full auto.. Did not care for the blowback at all!!! But if you were to give me a BAR Hunter in .270 or 7mm Rem Mag now THEN We'd be Talkin'!!!!!
I wasn't impressed with the M16 either since I grew up shooting but I have came to like the versatility of the platform.

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it out and fired it today. Kicks much harder than the 5.56 and some more than the 300 blackout but not bad. Been a long time since I fired the AK but the AR seems to have more recoil than that. Shoots pretty well, at least as well as I do, peep sight on it and I have a hard time distinguishing between the front sight and the black on the target. I was able to hit my 150 yard steel target and if I can hit that I can hit anything I need to with it.

·
Administrator
25,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts