Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

my 1200a water pump is leaking fluid on the floor. do you have to buy a whole pump, just seals or what. i didn't want to pull the cover all the way until i see if i have to order parts. another ques would be where to buy? i assume pulling the cover drains the oil too. i didnt want to let it sit with out oil in it. on know on some cars the oil pump will evenyually run dry. is it the same on these goldwings?

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

When mine started leaking I changed the seal and pump. I figured since I was already in there kill 2 birds with one stone considering the pump is not that expensive.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I would definitely replace the water pump. The job isn't that difficult. When I did mine, I bought the water pump from Honda and bought a seal and gasket kit seperately which has all the gaskets, seals and o-rings that you need. The seal kits are available here. http://www.siriusconinc.com/default.asp I've dealt with these people and they are great.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

i agree about the pump and seals i just didnt know if honda sold them or not. on a car when a seal starts leaking its because the bearings are going bad.....thanks fellas...

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

Your going to need the gasket kit no matter what so I'd get that. I'd wait on the pump until I had it out and see if its the pump or the O rings. Mine was dripping antifreeze from the vent whole but it just turned out to be the large O ring on the pump. It had a flat spot on the bottom of the O ring. Seal bearings etc in pump where excellent no play etc. no need to replace. If you need a pump go for a new one, I wouldn't play around with a used one too much of a pain in the butt to change out again.

I would consider going the whole route if you are going to take the front cover off and remove the pump. Change hoses, have rad professionally cleaned, change thermostat & make sure fan switch is working properly.

For what its worth I'd put the Honda antifreeze back into the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.