Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Got my new Cee Bailey windshield in today and got it installed just in time for brief ride. Love the tint and the vent is great with it's different setting. More than the other windshield that was on the bike. I got the OEM height, but I believe 1" shorter would be better. So far I'm well pleased. :)

Stats: I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

:applause::applause:

Congrats on the new Cee Baileys. I really enjoy mine. If you really think 1" shorter would be better, might I suggest that you contact Cee Baileys and I am pretty sure that you can send it back and they will either cut that one down or send you out a different one that is 1" shorter for no additional cost with a quick turnaround. I have heard of them doing that for other customers.

Glad you like it so far though. :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
imported post

were the same size and I installed the Cee baileys 2" shorter ...love it

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

If at the stock heightyou can barely see over top of it when it's at it's lowest setting, than it is still too high/tall. :readit:

Having it 2" shorter allows you to see over it easier and still allows you to adjust the screen up higher,if needed, to reach that 'sweet spot'. ;)

The width and design of the CB screen offers better protection that the OEM screen IMHO and therefore doesn't need to be as tall/high to offer as good/slightly better protection, with less buffeting and a lot better unobstructed vision.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I rode to work this morning and I still look thru the shield. It is at the lowest setting, so I pretty sure another inch, possibly 2 may need to come off. Just hate to send it back..... not good at waiting. :waiting:

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
imported post

Speedy1,

Just use a marker and mark where you want to cut it and we'll do it for you. Hope this help a bit.

thanks,

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

ceebaileys, thanks for the offer. I wil be off for the next few days, so that will give me time to do some riding. I can sit up pretty straight and see over it, so will take a few days to decide. I will get back with you before I send it back if I do..

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.