Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Acc. like the cb radio and fog lights, are these difficult creatures to install for the avid diy'er. I've hardwired my GPS to my radio on an HD Ultra so I can follow instructions ok. Any ideas, comments, etc will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry

·
Administrator
26,163 Posts
imported post

If you can plug connectors together and wield a knife to cut out the fog light blanks you are good to go.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

2012.... Especially the CB, prices on eBay are a few hundred cheaper plus not having to pay to have it installed at the dealership. Sometimes getting in there and doing installs helps to familiarize yourself with the bike so I was wondering if it was gonna be a "plug n play" kinda thing or a big disassembly job.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Should just be plug and play if you get "OEM type" parts (meaning the ones that match up with what would normally be there if installed from the factory). You might have some fun pulling the plastic off though. good time to get acquainted with your ride though.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I'm a cheap kinda guy but on a new bike i'd get them installed at the dealer or factory, unless you wanted something that was not available from dealer. I'm shure you could swing a deal this time of yr
Wilf

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for all the input. I'll see what the local stealership charges for labor, how long it takes, and go from there. Wifey says to order it with EVERYTHING I want on it then I can spend MORE time riding it.... God bless that woman!!!! :bow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.