Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I did it ! Picked up a 83 aspencade clean needs some work but the price at $500.00 just could not pass it up.

So my winter project begins. I thought I knew the 1100s pretty good but wow what a lot of change from my 82 1100 I to the 83 A bike does have some problems rear brake feels soft, air compresser does not run, front fork seals leaking but thats about it. So get ready boys I may come asking a ton of questions. the brake question has been answered i did not know the brakes were linked.

One question on the fork seals How hard, Any insider Tips.

Dale

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you got a very good deal there Dale. Doing the fork seals is not that hard of a job. While in there though I would also replace the bushings to tighten things up some. Congratulations on your purchase. I think the 83 was the best of the 1100's....

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Doing the fork seals isn't hard..several posts on it and I think one in the how to references section or on Rudy's site.

One big tip loosen the allen bolt on the bottom BEFORE you take them out of or loosen the clamps.

Tip two, the seals look ALMOST the same but this is a top and bottom make sure you put them on just like the old ones came off assuming they were on right. One side has a small bevel the other doesn't I forget which goes up????

Tip 3: Do the bushings while you are at it!!!

PS they can be done on the bike or off..

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Wow thanks looking at the service manual never said u could do it on the bike Im thinking that would be alot less time consumeing and alot easer also
any other tips send them my way.

The tires are fine new rear april this year front april 07 needs oil change and all the normal maintiance but all in all pretty solid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.