Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Wolfman told me that I should ask my Q's in this section. So as not to burden my soon to be brother Wingers I'll only start with a couple and hope for sublime guidance and gentle advice.

Just bought my '84 Aspencade w/ 40K miles. She's in the shop getting the once over because she sat for over a year, ignored, mistreated, and left outside under a flimsy blue tarp. So far so good though. Only had to buy a fuel pump for her. My mechanic fired her up the other day and she is running like she is happy someone rescued her. Now I'm offshore until at least Christmas and won't be able to ride her until I get home.

1) My '84 Aspencade is white. Did the GL1200A come in white that year? I cannot find any evidence that she's been painted or otherwise altered so my initial assumption is white was an available color for that model year.

2) Are there any good aftermarket sound systems (ie. CD, MP3, Radios) that will retrofit the space where the original Panasonic system is mounted?

3) Knowing that OEM parts will be a challenge to find; Other than Ebay does anyone recommend a site, shop, salvage yard that is reliable and fairly priced?

Thanks to all that welcomed me over in the "new members" section. I look forward to much discussion and fellowship here in the forum.

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Hi Mark. The only GL1200 model that came in white was the SEi model in 1986, which was fuel injected. I've heard of isolated cases where Honda did custom paint jobs, but never actually seen one. Colours for each year can be found in the Reference part of the forum and other changes by year (as well as colours) can be found on this page;

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

Hopefully this will help.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Wow...member for less than a day and I get a reply from the Founder of the Forum! Thanks Steve for the info. Maybe my '84 Aspy is one of those isolated cases of custom paint.One could only hope.

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome and answers. I'm sure that I'll have many more questions as we go forward.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Wow...member for less than a day and I get a reply from the Founder of the Forum! Thanks Steve for the info. Maybe my '84 Aspy is one of those isolated cases of custom paint.One could only hope.

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome and answers. I'm sure that I'll have many more questions as we go forward.

Mark
What? Now you feel special or something?:shock::clapper:

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

If your wing has been sitting for a year outside, How are your tires? If your wing has cam belts, they should be replaced. Would be nice to see a pic when you get back!

Welcome to an awesome forum!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

IF it has cam belts? Hmmm.

Yeah, the belts need to be changed. Lots of information on the forum, just use the search button early and often!

Welcome from Oregon!

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

My slip UBarW, With the cam belts thing. Still nursing a brain injury that picks random days to play with my memory. Yesterday I was fine but today I had to pull over on my way home because I could not tell where I was & had no Idea where I was going. Lit a smoke & it cleared up awhile later.

I get a laugh out of it except when Im wrenching on my bike & I take a swig from an oil bottle instead of my beer!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I think if you look under the fuel refill lid, unless it has been removed, the label there is the paint code for the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Tires are good....will get with mechanic about cam belts.

Thanks!

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hey...I'm just ordinary to my wife....gotta feel special sometimes! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.