Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone. I have been lurking at this forum for a little while enjoying all the information, friendship and comraderie. I feel I had to join now as I just got my first Goldwing. It's Candy Red. My wife surprised me by buying it for our 24th Anniversary. We live in Hamburg, New York and bought a 1994 Goldwing Aspencade with 30,000 miles from New Jersey. We drove there on Monday, met our new friend Mike, made the deal Tuesday morning and I drove it home 400 miles. My first time driving a Wing. WOW, what a ride, what a trip, what a wife! :waving:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Wow!! She is a beauty. Wish I had one like that!!

The bike's not bad either. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

Great bike. Welcome to the forum D-Rod

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, D-Rod! Hamburg NY, huh. I bought my Suburban off E-bay from Superior Auto Sales in Hamburg. Took the Amtrak out to pick it up. Fun time.

Not a bad start for a first bike. Not crazy about the color :goofygrin:, but itWAS your first time!

Welcome. again! :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from Ont.,Canada
That is one nice looking Wing!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site D-Rod! :waving::waving:

Damn good looking bike and the best color too!Your better half has excellent taste. Now you just have to saw off the top foot or so of that windshield and the bike willl look even better.:goofygrin:

When you get a chance please post your location in your profile.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Good looking bike, (It will need repainting of course!). Welcome to the world of Wings...Take it easy at first, they are wonderful big beasts.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

don't listen to those class clowns, the best colour is the one you own and ride, that screen is a bit tall also so do as exavid mentioned and cut it down a bit..

p.s red and white wings are for ambulances anyway.........:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Welcome and Hello from Carolina. That is an awesome bike.:cooler:

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

Hi D-rod and welcome to the forum. Great looking bike. windshield is waaaay to tall though. You should be able to see over it. Easy fix..

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

welcome from texas:waving:pretty bike. never seen a shield that tall and you know we have big things in texas:cheeky1:welcome:waving:

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike D-Rod

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

A Grrreat Big Welcome D-Rod to the Bestest Forum on th Web. What a beeeeauuutiful machine. Ignore all the comments about color. The color you have is the best in your own mind. Mines Blue and as far as I am concerned it is the best. Enjoy your new wing.:clapper::clapper::waving::waving::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A big warm welcome D-Rod, from over here, across the Big Pond. :waving:

Lovely bike and great sounding wife!!!!!:shock::clapper::D:D

Visit often and enjoy the forums.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and a great big WELCOME to the best forum on the internet D-rod.:waving:

Great looking bike, I agree that is the tallest windshield I have ever seen on a bike.:shock:

That would be great for keeping the bugs out of your face at night....until you can't see through the bug splatter anymore......:cheeky1::cheeky1:

Enjoy the wing.:dude:

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thank you for all the great welcomes. The windshield is a Tulsa. Mike says it gives him about 2 mpg more than the standard one. Since this is my first Wing, I didn't know it was too big. He did give me the windshield that came with it. Maybe I will try that and see what I like best.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,283 Posts
imported post

don't listen to 'em on the windshield D-Rod, it looks just right to me. Same as the one I got, wonderful in the winter. Keeps the wind off of you and the rain just runs up the screen and over your head. Try it before you mess it up.

Great looking bike your wife found. Best color too, identical to my '94.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Hello D-Rod and welcome to this site from Toronto Canada. She must be great. So is the bike:dude:. The colour looks good and the windshield does look long but serves a purpose. Nice ride. Tony

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the "Greater Binghamton" area!

I personally wouldn't run a windshield that's too tall to see over. I want to see where I'm going in the rain, especially at night.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.