Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just bought a 79 Goldwing!!!! Road it about 100 miles home from where i bought it! Great ride for her virgin run with me that is.Now it wont start. Ive done some reading here and looks like i need to get out the volt meter and do a little feeling around! dont really think its the starter cluch (Worst case seems Possible)the bike started 5 or 6 times (lagged alittle) thought maybe battery orbad connection,before i even bought it. ive must have rattled some wires loose on the ridehomeor just bad wires all together. Now the starter just spins and makes a pritty nasty screeching noise. This is my first post, love the site, and i am willing to learn as much as people are willing to post. Thanks

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site Snakejake! :waving::waving:

It's always good to hear of someone else discovering the Goldwing. I hope your starter problem turns out to be something minor. There's lots of information here concerning starter spinning without engaging. Usually turns out to be old dirty oil, weak battery, poor wiring and defective starer relays. Very rarely a problem with the starter clutch itself. It could be the starter itself if a bearing is going. You could disassemble the starter, clean out the graphite dust, maybe replace the brushes and re-lubricate the gears and inspect the bearings.

Your posting and this one may get moved to a different forum as this one is normally used for jokes and such. Don't worry about the error, no one's going to jump you about it. We all have to learn the ropes.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,628 Posts
imported post

Hi there! Paul let me know you showed up and I am going to move your thread to the New Members forum. That way you get a lot more activity and a lot more hands to shake :cheeky1:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Welcome Aboard!:waving:

·
Premium Member