Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all been a long time since my last post. Had a bit of a poor year, no riding due to accident at work in May , just been told second part of operation has been postponed for third time until May 2009.This means no riding again. Linda has decided to start the new Year off well by booking us on a trip to Florida. Looking forward to it but don't quite know what to expect. Should we pack summer clothes or will it be cold even in sunny Florida? Its been freezing over here for a few weeks now. Perhapssome of you guys over there could let me know?

Cheers Dean

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

So far it has been on the cold side this fall. No complaints mind you. Set up for cold weather and take it off during the late morning and afternoon. Cool at night.
Winter may be cooler than normal as has fall. Where is global warming when you need it?
If you get to Sarasota let me know.
Longboater,

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

I am 30ish miles north of Tampa . We have had a few days down in the low 30s F early morning . The good thing about cold in Florida is that normally is back to high 60s or warmer by noon . January has some cold days but not continious cold . We usually get a little rain before the cold front passes thru .

Come on over bring some layering clothes and your will be fine . I hope its a nice trip .

Where abouts in Fl do you plan to be ? There is getting to be quite a few forum regulars now in different parts of Fl . Give a shout .

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
imported post

Where are you going to be staying. I am on vacation for xmas and new years. If your in the Tampa area maybe we could get a group together for lunch.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Very seldom will you see it cold enough for people who are use to the cold to wear a jacket all day.

Chances are really good that you could even see some really warm weather. It's nothing for it to be in the 30's (F) in the morning one day and be in the 60's the next.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

i'm in Orlando. let's do lunch. i know a great Bar-B-Que place..

Robin:action:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

jemj wrote:
Should we pack summer clothes or will it be cold even in sunny Florida? Its been freezing over here for a few weeks now. Perhapssome of you guys over there could let me know?
Cheers Dean
Don't be silly. Surely you read the news. Florida will be underwater and the temperature will be 125F. Just ask Al Gored.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
jemj wrote:
Should we pack summer clothes or will it be cold even in sunny Florida? Its been freezing over here for a few weeks now. Perhapssome of you guys over there could let me know?
Cheers Dean
Don't be silly. Surely you read the news. Florida will be underwater and the temperature will be 125F. Just ask Al Gored.
That's what I'm hoping for. Before it goes completely under, my kid's kid's kid's will have water front property for a while. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

Yes, let us know where you will be going in FLA and we could possibly get a crew together to greet you. I am in Bartow which is not that far from any of the above (Tampa, Plant City, Orlando......) Will put in for PERFECT weather for you while here.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

We are going to be staying in one of the Universal Studios hotels. Linda has planned this trip, I am along for the ride. At the moment I do not know what itinerary she has but I will have internet access whilst there, so if possible once we know what we are doing I will PM a contact number to those of you that have suggested a meet (depending on timing etc)and if possible I would like to take you up on your offers. My wife can not believe that my bike and the people who ride them are so warm and open. We travelled 14000 miles to New Zealand where we then met and taken out by John. Keep on riding and living the dream.

Dean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.