Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Abig warm welcome Davidmoore57, good to have you on board. :waving:

Someone will be along to answer your question before too long I am sure, in the mean time, I can direct you to downloadable manuals for the various models of Wing, that may help, just go to the sticky threads at the top of the "Reference and F&Q" forum and they are there to download.

Hope this helps some, sorry I can't be more help with advice, have never had a1200.:(

Enjoy the forums and please visit often.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

You do of course have a fair few members around you in GA/AL/SC etc. if you click on the "Georgia" bit in blue under your avatar, a list will come up of members in your State. This could well lead to someone who may be able to help with any issues you encounter and will very likely result in you sharing the "Southern hospitality" that we were shown last year. :):)

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

if yours is set up like my 82 1100 on in side of farring you will see a big knob.there is a small set screw loosen it up and take knob off.you will see a nut on the shaft you will halft to take that off.sometimes you will use a small hammer to tap shaft loose.hold on to headlight while doing this.and it should come out.:waving::waving:

also a big wave from il.

(alan)

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

welcome to the forum,

first of all flip up the windshield trim, put you fingers on either side of the headlight where it meets the trim and pull it, if its tight use a leverage tool, mind you dont break the glass, take off the fairing trim underneath the headlight, there will be two philips screws holding it on, while the trim is open, take a look at the top and bottom of the headlight, there will be two 10mm bolts, remove them along with the brackets, also attached behind the headlight is the headlight adjusting cable, you dont need to disconnect to change the bulb, the position lights are also attached to the headlight you dont need to take them if if you are changing the bulbs, its an easy job to do and wont take you that long

just add, make sure you put the brackets on the right way, especially the top one, use you digi camera to take photo's for reference

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Curious, you have 2 bikes, or are you borrowing the '83 1100 Aspencade in your avatar?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.