Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all. Great WEB site with alot of info. My name is Jim and I am from Abilene Tx.
My Last Honda, no last motorcycle, was a 305 Dream, Google that and it will give you clue to my age group.
I recently came across a deal:Dand bought a 1980 1100 Interstate. The only thing missing was the rear brake master cylinder and the Kill switch. Right!
Has been stored inside since 1998. Already pulled carbs:yelling:and did a clean attemp. Changed oil and then tried to start , was able to get it going but did not run very smooth.

I might add, compression check showed 149 on all but number 2 and it was 146.

Went by local bike shop for some info but was only told best thing to do was scrap it or part it out.:thumbsdown: That's what wrong with much of our society today -- we live in a throw away after use one!

I will get it road worthy. Going to try another carb adjust when I find Sync gauges , or make. If that does not work will go ahead and order the complete carb rebuild kit, as well as change out the timing belts. may also pull and flush tank. overhaul the brakes, then tires.

Have found alot of info on the site as well as other dedicated to keeping them on the road.

Will take alot of help so bear with me for all my questions in the future. :stumped:

Ride On!:cool:

Jim

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome Badwench[/align]

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome Jim and Hello . Glad to hear your up the task of saving another Goldwing . The 1100 family when refurbished is quite dependable . The carbs can be a sticky point . You have to be meticulous with cleaning and adjusting .

There are many good folks here who will offer advice . So bring on the questions .

If you post your parts needs in the " For Sale / Wanted Forum " you might find someone here who can source the parts you need .

My first ridingwas on the back of my Uncle Pete's new 65 305 Dream . His passion for 2 wheels carries on with me .

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum Badwench! :waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:action:Welcome to the greatestforum on the net:action:
and
:action:Welcome from the "Hoosier State":action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

A Grrrrrrreat Big welcome to this great site from Canada's west coast. There is a huge wealth of information, so don't be afraid to ask questions or contribute your experiences. Pull up a chair & enjoy.:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!