Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I run my bike for 10-15 minutes, I have to wait 10 for it to cool off before she'll start again. Strange.:wtf:

Okay, here is the real stupid question....how the heck do you open the fuel tank???

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
The fill neck of the gas tank us under the trap door of the false tank. Should open with your key.

Better check that you have a full radiator as a start to diagnosing your hard starting when hot issue. To get to the radiator cap, you'll need to remove the false tank entirely.

Welcome to this siteby the way! And another good site with model-specific How-Tos is www.goldwingdocs.com. You'll find instructions there on how to remove to faux-tank.

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
remove the starter, clean it lube it and reassemble it. directions on here.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
More details on the starting issue needed. I will take a guess that your atarter motor spins too slowly when the engine is hot. If so you need to open the starter up and clean it at the very least. There are many threads about this on the forum, and also a starter refresh article in the Reference/FAQ section of the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Hey Tas,

I saw in the other thread that you turn the key, but the trap door doesn't pop open. I suspect there is a spring in there that's broken. Maybe try the key while gently prying the door open. If it still doesn't open, then it's more than the release spring.

At that point, I'd suggest taking the faux tank off and investigating the problem froim the underside. Here is an article on hoe to remove it. If you don't have the on-board air compressor (I think they were only on the Aspys and not the standards), then it's easy!

http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=101

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.