Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello, All
I decided to embark on a project bike I picked up with the intention of fixing up and using as a weekender. Doesn't need a lot but does need to be gone through entirely to check it over. it has been sitting for 10 years.
I am great at fixing things and have been around bikes for a long time. No expert by any means. Mostly dirt bikes and enduro sports. This is the first real tour bike I have ever owned. I took a small risk buying this bike, but the worse that could happen is I end up parting it out.

Looking to draw on your knowledge base and share my progress.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:welc:

Hi, you did take on a challenge. Do you know why the previous owner stopped riding it? How many miles are on it?
Riding partner stopped riding. Several long solo camping trips ( towed camper - lots of custom mods) then he Lost interest as he got more into, large scale remote helicopters as well as flying real planes and gyroplanes. Or d at least thats the story ( believable at least it was stored in a hanger with a Gyro plane and several other aviation related used personal items that had his name on them).

48,562 miles.
new stator at 42k
Stored dry, except the oil.
Check out the pics I just posted.
I will post more as I go through it.

·
Premium Member
63,625 Posts
Hallo goldrisk

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts