Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just purchased an '82 Aspencade with 54,000 miles on the clock, and the original owners manual in the trunk for the grand total of $1,250.

Everyone keeps telling me I'm too young for a Goldwing (I'm 43), but since I started riding about 8 years ago, all I've really wanted to do on a bike is travel long distances in comfort.

I bought an ST1100 a month after I started riding, but I couldn't handle that much weight with that little experience. I've owned almost a dozen smaller, lighter bikes since, but none of them were comfortable for the kind of miles I want to cover.

This Aspencade is in great shape for its age - needing nothing urgently. I plan to go through it anyway, replacing anything that shows clear signs of age.

Beyond that, I just plan to ride it, try to get used to its weight, and see if life with a Goldwing is the fit that I think it will be. :)

-Mike

·
Premium Member
73,634 Posts
Hallo Nodaclu

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Noda,

I just bought the exact same bike! Original owners manual, original tool kit, canvas bag inserts for the saddlebags and only 19,975 miles on it for $3200.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
It has an unfair reputation as an old mans bike or a retirement toy. But it's an awesome bike. They are very sporty and a lot of fun. You are going to have a great time on it.

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·