Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall first post be gentle. I have a 89 GW trike that the cruise hasn't worked since I got it.I can not find the control box under the seat.If its there its hidden very well.So I guess its a single search.The CRUISE ON light works but SET doesn't. Both light when key is turned on.Levers work switches ok Clutch clicks once but the brake lever only clicks once also. should it click twice? Is there a way to check this double duty single switch?I found the foot brake cruise switch.What a stinker!! I need to know exactly where the wires are to check with a meter Manual said behind the ign. control box. ok wheres that rascal hidden?? If I take off any more panels I think I can be legaly arrested in some states. As you can see I need help. Im old and stuborn and don't want this thing to beat me. thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Just to state the obvious which you probably already know..cruise only works between 2 speeds, 30 and 80mph I think from memory and relies on the speedo working properly.
There is a box on the left hand side above the reverse lever. It's the one that has the cruise filter in. Not sure if that's the box you are looking for though.
Have you cleaned the switches on the handlebar, they are known to cause problems and a good clean with contact spray cures many of these faults.

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cruise

Thanks Driverrider. I pulled the brake lever very slow one click! Garage very quiet.Thats the link I was going by,dont see any plug like that. Is it in the open or under a panel or something.I could eliminate a lot if I could find it.Thanks again.

·
Administrator
27,909 Posts
The cruise control box is under the trunk, you can get to it by just raising the trunk, you don't have to take it completely off. There should be a bracket on the right side behind the ECM with 3 or 4 connectors on it, 1 is the brake/cruise switch.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I just recently repaired the cruise on my 88, what I found was I was only hearing 1 click from the front brake lever, unless I pulled it out hard then I would get 2 clicks. it's actualy 2 little micro buttons that get pushed when the lever goes out to the resting position
So I removed my mounting bolt, I goofed and broke mine so I had to drill it out and replace it with a regular type of bolt, BUT as it turns out the bushing was worn out and the new bolt fit very snug, now my cruise works like a charm
So I guess I'm saying get the front hand brake to activate both micro switches then test it again before tearing into it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.