Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

First off, I would like to say 'Hi' to everyone. I'm new to this forum and have recently acquired my first Goldwing - 1992 Interstate. I've been riding motorcycles for the past 30 years and have owned a few Harleys, Kawis, Yammis, Hondas, etc.

I average around 6,000 - 9,000 miles a year on a bike - I live in Florida.

Anyway, my bike did not come with an owner's manual so I'm not sure about a few things(I guess I need to hit eBay and find one).

Can you and how do you adjust the windshield on a 1992 Interstate? Are there supposed to be sliders on each side of the dash? If so, I don't have them. Was this an option? If it cannot be adjusted, what is a good height for the windshield? I'm used to looking over the windshield like on a Harley Street Glide. I love the fact that I'm looking through the windshield and not having any buffeting, but what do you do for night riding or riding in the rain? Rain-x??? What works?

My bike didn't come with Cruise but did have some kind of narrow throttle lock on it. I've put dozens of throttle locks on bikes in the past but I have yet to see one like this. Its broken, so I have to remove it anyway. What do you Interstate riders recommend for a thottle-lock?

My trunk has all these lights which are cool, but the middle doesn't light up - the part that says 'Goldwing'. Is it supposed to?

Sorry for all the questions, and I'm excited about my new Goldwing, but this is a totally alien bike to me. :wtf:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Not an expert like some on the site..but there were three variations of the GoldWing..Interstate..Aspencade and SE..each higher level got some additions. It may be that the Interstate didn't allow the adjustment of the windshield..hence no levers. Also the light behind the "GoldWing" may have been a upgrade on the models. No idea about the throttle lock however...maybe add some pictures tohelp identify.

Good luck!

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Welcome to th forum. The Interstate didn't come with cruise or adjustable screen. You could probably fit all the adjuster parts from any other 1500 model. As for screen height, it's different for each individual.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome:waving:adriantl[/align]

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

adriantl wrote:
...Anyway, my bike did not come with an owner's manual so I'm not sure about a few things (I guess I need to hit eBay and find one)...
You dont' need it... just ask for info here

adriantl wrote:
...Can you and how do you adjust the windshield on a 1992 Interstate? Are there supposed to be sliders on each side of the dash? If so, I don't have them. Was this an option? If it cannot be adjusted, what is a good height for the windshield? I'm used to looking over the windshield like on a Harley Street Glide. I love the fact that I'm looking through the windshield and not having any buffeting, but what do you do for night riding or riding in the rain? Rain-x??? What works?...
The SE's have a Release Lever on both left and right sides of the dash... lift up on that, then physically move the windshield up or down. This only works with the (thin) stock windshield... I have aftermarked, and never move it.

Rain-X will damage plastic shields

Most folks use Lemon Pledge or Plexis... Either way it's not a miracle, and you'll likely have problems with a Tall windshield (ex: Tulsa) if you ride in Light rain. Heavy rain, at speed (> 40mph) , is not a problem as the water goes right over the top of you.

adriantl wrote:

...My bike didn't come with Cruise but did have some kind of narrow throttle lock on it. I've put dozens of throttle locks on bikes in the past but I have yet to see one like this. Its broken, so I have to remove it anyway. What do you Interstate riders recommend for a thottle-lock?...
I like the Vista-Cruise, and find it easier to use and better than the electronic cruise.

adriantl wrote:

...My trunk has all these lights which are cool, but the middle doesn't light up - the part that says 'Goldwing'
Remove the large U-shaped cover to the bottom of the trunk (4 screws along back edge)... then look up at the bottom of that light, to see if there's a wire harness and bulbs present.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.