Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thought I'd introduce myself.

Just bought a 87 Aspencade with 11000 on the clock.

Have put another 2000 on it in the last week and having a ball. I have always riden sports bikes in the past and surprised everyone (including myself) when I bought a wing. I have now reached the conclusion that I will probably always own a wing from now on.

If anyone can supply a picture of the dash (digital) and general inside fairing layout I would appreciate it as I suspect mine has been hacked around a bit.

We have great bike roads here in New Zealand.

Regards

Andrew

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Jungle!

I bought 2 new Kawasaki bikes (KZ650 and KZ1100) back in the early 80's and liked them for what they were. Until a friend of mine let me ride his then new GL1200 back in '86. I was hooked, and knew that the next bike I owned would be a Goldwing. It took intil 2002 for that to happen!What really sticks out is the smoothness of the bike. I was so used to my hands getting numb from engine vibration on the KZ1100.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Welcome Andrew and Happy New Year! You got the best year for the 1200, 1987 models were tweaked nicely and all the chucking at low speed was fixed, better saddle and other improvements. You can read a useful article by Steve Saunders on this page of the site;

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/used1200.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.