Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking at geting back on bikes after a number of years and have the opportunity to buy a GL500 from a guy at work. I need some advice on what to look for and if it is a good deal. Its a 2 owner 1990 GL1500 with 106,000 miles. FUll dealer service history, oil tight, no smoking and clean. Tulsa windshield, pegs from and back and a back rest. Pale blue with a little crazing on the plastic with age. Good tires, tow hitch and lots of chrome and lights (too much!)

It idles well enough but fluffs a little when snapping open the throttle? Is this common? What would this bike be worth as he is asking $3500

Cheers

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

In my neck of the woods, that would be a steal.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

That would be a steal here to!!!!:cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

chrisjones3 wrote:
It idles well enough but fluffs a little when snapping open the throttle? Is this common? What would this bike be worth as he is asking $3500

Chris
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet Chris!:waving::waving:

The damn thing must be hot! Grab the thing before the owner regains his senses! Sell off the unwanted accessory junk, I got rid of a trailer hitch on eBay for $150, that and some otheraccessoriesearned me $600. There's a 1989 Wing for sale at a Honda shop near me for $6200. Look in eBay for typical prices and you'll find the fellow at work selling this one lives on a different planet or perhaps he's a philanthropist.

GO FOR IT!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

The full dealer history would sell this to me. Mine had 17000 on it when I got it and the one previous owner had still managed to miss the last service and the previous one was late. How could someone buy a new bike and neglect so much???

The one you are looking at will cost less to get running 100% sweet, than my 98 and you will have a lovely ride which will give you many happy miles.

I might even be too late..... if you had any sense you will have bought it by now, before he changed his mind!!!:clapper::clapper::clapper::goofygrin:

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey chrisjones3 :waving: That friend of yours must have stolen that :15red:buy it quick and give him $500 extrato buy his wife a present. :clapper: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

$3500............What's wrong with it????

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
$3500............What's wrong with it????
Hey Kyle :waving: The only thing that could be wrong with that :15red:is that it's a left hand drive, :whip: and thats not a fault in the states, :shakehead:as you guys drive on the wrong side of the road anyway. :doh:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hey Folks

After a very close shave I got it. Pick it up tomorrow. Got a new battery in it too.

Hey redwing where are you based - I was over in Kerry in the summer for a family wedding (wife from Tralee you see!). Did the ring of kerry so must have been close to your place at some point!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

chrisjones3 wrote:
Hey redwing where are you based - I was over in Kerry in the summer for a family wedding (wife from Tralee you see!). Did the ring of kerry so must have been close to your place at some point!
Hey chrisjones3 :waving: You were very south of my location. I live out on Inishmore Island :skipping:which is one ofThe Aran Islands of the west coast of Co.Clare. :clapper:

:byebye::18red::byebye:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.