Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello, Everyone
Have had my 83 Aspencade for more then 10 years and well I let it go ( have not taken care of it like I use to )
Over the last year I have been blessed in many ways and am going to try and restore it.
I need a new ignition switch ( hard to fine one it seems) Batt cover and a few other things, But the first thing I am hoping to fine out is how to remove the ignition switch do I can maybe clean it or repair it some how. I am a unemployed computer \ electronic engineer so repairing things like this is not so hard .
God Bless all..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello Mark and Welcome . You probably already know the Aspencade ignition switch is not the same as the Standard or Interstate . So yes its harder to find one . If you post in the For Sale /Wanted Forum you may find someone who has one . I couldnt say if the 1200 may use the same switch . Best of luck in your retoration . The 1100 is a hearty bike and I am sure she will give you many more years/miles of service with some TLC.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving::waving::waving:MarkV welcome from Canadas west coast Vancouver Island.
My sister and brother inlaw live in Placerville.
They had a small store and hair salone called Dimond Lils.
She just retired from the post office.
Hope to get out your way someday mayby next summer.
ride safe :action::action:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome MarkV[/align]

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum MarkV! :waving:

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Twobolts under the gauges and the switch will be in your hand.
You might nee an extension or two to get there with the fairing in place. Keep us posted as we seem to have parts in the wings.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Really, They say it's a small world hehe
Sounds like the store is only about 10 minutes from me.
I love it here. Great people, Beautiful weather and at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountains you can't go wrong..

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Thank You everyone, Bobalou Thx, I am going to see if I can fine them now..

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I am a happy camper. Dropped the fairing down to tire and got to the ignition switch, From there I took it apart and cleaned the contacts tested it and it looks like it's charging again, Weeeeee lol
Thx for all the input everyone, Next I have to see about speakers and covers, a new fairing. Took a nasty dump early last year, going no more then 5Mh and brook my shoulder in 5 places was a big OUCH ! lol I can laugh about it now !! anyway, the fairing , batt cover and side baggage case are all have cracks.. Plus I need a seat lol as I said it need a few things..
Have a GREAT week all
:banana::banana::banana:

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:action:Welcome to the greatest forum on the net:action:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: