Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ijust bought a1989 1500. The clutch catches when I have let it almost all the way out and shifts rough. My fluid was to the lower mark and I filled it to the upper level.Any advice on the next step? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

try bleeding it..

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

RB wrote:
try bleeding it..
Should I change it completely and bleed it? The fluid looks good, but I just bought the bike and only have about 300 miles on it myself.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Read my post from April 30 on how I fixed mine. If you need more info just Email.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

MONKEY WRENCH wrote:
Read my post from April 30 on how I fixed mine. If you need more info just Email.
Thanks - I printed that off to try tomorrow. Did you change or bleed yours before you made the adjustment?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

No But it made it so much easer to start off. Make sure the spring is big enough in diameter so it does not bind. also file off small amounts of the pin and try it. You only get one chance and if you take off to much you will have to buy a new plunger rod. By the way we go riding in your neck of the woods every year.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Where do you ride up here? Ever go up NC 80 around Lake Tahoma? Beautiful and curvy, and you can get on the Blue Ridge Parkway at the top, real close to Mount Mitchell.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

That's the place

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.