Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:action:Hi everyone

I have a 98 1500SE and its like having my own piece of heaven whenI am riding.

Was looking for some idea's on hooking up a mp3 player ? This looks like a great forum.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

Hey shu welcome to the club.I don't know how to hook up you mp3 player but give it some time and your find your answers right here,This is a great forum i think the best on the web.

:12grey:MUNDS:12grey:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

According to the owner's manual, there is an auxiliary jack under the left side pocket. Need to remove and it should be there. Then plug in your MP3. That said, I took mine apart and there's nothing there. Worth looking for.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Hello and Welcome from Carolina :waving:Click here for some info on MP3 players

MP3's are constantly being upgraded in quality offering all kinds of features. The best part is the prices are being reduced. If your bike for some reason does not have a connector in or under the left pocket you can opt to use an FM modulated device which I've heard works well. Another advantage is if your MP3 does not self charge then mostFM unit will support that process as a charger

I have a CD player installed on my bike but seldom use it because the MP3 is more portable and stores a greater amount of music. If I need to, I can remove the MP3 and connect it to a small pair of speakers that I have and use it in my office, hotel room, or etc. I have upgraded to an IPOD since the ZEN but there are comparable units out there that have been able to integrate various formats in one package.:cooldj:

Keep on Winging:bat:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Shu and welcome to the site, nice to have you onboard. :cheeky1:

I am not sure that you will find an auxillary plug for a MP3 under the pocket of your 1500, but there are a couple of ways of doing it for simplicity and cheaply. One is to buy an FM modulator to transmit the signal to the bikes existing stereo, though it seems they work better over here than in the States where there is much interference. Another way is to use one of the cassette adaptors, that simply plug into your cassette machine (looks like a normal tape) These have a lead that can plug into the MP3.

If you ride solo only, there is an adaptor lead available that simply plugs in line to your curly lead from your headset to the bike, but a passenger wouldnt benifit from this.

There is a more technical method of "hot wiring" into the stereo direct, which is somewhat more complicataed, but do able. I know nothing of how to do this but a couple of members on here do, and I am sure they will soon be along to help explain.

Enjoy the site, get stuck in and visit often.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for all the info.

I am going to look at some fm modulators tommorrow and go from there.

Thanks again:waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

There are hard wired ones and plug in ones, I don't know anything about the hard wired ones I am afraid, but I have heard on here that they provide better reception.

The pug in ones are now really cheap, so not a lot of money wasted if you find they don't work too well in your area. They do have the advantage of being transferable to other vehicles, since all you need is a cigarette socket outlet. If your bike hasn't got one of those yet, they are simple to wire in and can be done into the front inner face of one of your fairing pockets, for security and extra weatherproofing.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

HI All

Went to Best Buy told them what I wanted . They hooked me up with a belkin tune Cast auto modulator for a Samsung yp-t9 ipod. I wired a cigarette lighter up to the utility plug under the left pocket.All i have to do is plug it in and turn on the fm station that i program.This unit will turn on and off with the key.:action:It is a challenge to figure out the programing for the ipod .:gunhead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.