Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, I'm a new member and new owner of a '78 Goldwing. I turned 40 this year and I decided I wanted toown a bike. I love the classic look and chrome on these older models and I couldn't pass it by when I saw it. Just checking if anyone is interested in schooling me on what to look for and follow up with on this model, any feedback is much appreciated. I'm alreadyfrustrated with myselfbecause it will be in the shop for another week needing some work on things that I didn't know to look for before I bought it, costing me some extra $$$ I didn't anticipate. As long as it's finished for my first road trip up north next month. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Blessings,

Moose

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Welcome Moose!

Here is a little reading for you. Might give you some ideas on what to look for:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/usedgoldwing.htm

I don't know if you plan to wrench on the bike yourself, but if you are on the fense, I'd suggest you do. It's really not that hard. A good set of metric tools and a shop manual and you should be able to handle a lot of the tasks.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Welcome Moose, it's not always about the money, some things in life you just can't put a price tag on.

The freedom to ride is one of those, Good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

WELCOME FROM ARKANSAS GOOD LOOKING BIKE ENY
JOY THE RIDE

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

moose4jesus wrote:
Hi, I'm a new member and new owner of a '78 Goldwing. I turned 40 this year and I decided I wanted toown a bike.---------

Blessings,

Moose
Welcome aboard.:waving: If this is your FIRST bike, The first thing I would do is find a MSC (motorcycle safety course). There is as ton of information to be learned. Handling a bike bike like this needs a lot of practice.Anybody can ride a bike 60mph down the road. It's the slow speed stuff that WILL get you. The course will teach you the basics, then it's up to you to practice the basic on your bike in an empty parking lot. There's a High School about 4 miles away from where I work. It hold the class every weekend. I stop buy there a couple time a month & run through the course two or three times. It gets smoother most every time.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

congrats on your bike looks nice
I started working on bikes 4 years ago
it changed my life
I now have 10
and always looking for the next project
just do it
these old bikes are not rocket science
not like a new car with 5 on board computers
most of all have fun with it, its easy once you get past the fear factor when working on them
im no mechanic, not even sure I spelled it right Ha Ha

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

Howdy from Texas! Welcome to the boards : )

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

moose4jesus...welcome, and I like your member name! Welcome to the clubS. :jumper:

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

Welcome Moose. Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.