Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello to all. I am searching for a Goldwing and came across this forum. Any advice would be appreciated. I am specifically looking for 1985-2000.

Thanks,

Lloyd Perkins:waving:

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum Eagleavn! :waving:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Mr. Flyone. We probably have a lot to talk about.....

Eagleavn

ATP, CFII, MEI,

A&P/I/A:)

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

hey!:waving:

Get a good clean 1500 made in 98,99, or 2000. One that has been ridden regularly. And, be prepared for the ride of your life.

There's one for sale in the for sale forum from texas...it's a cutie.

Dancinbear

FF, EMT/I, AFU, ASAP, CTC ,

BRB, .......and FTW.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
imported post

Eagleavn wrote:
Hello to all. I am searching for a Goldwing and came across this forum. Any advice would be appreciated. I am specifically looking for 1985-2000.

Thanks,

Lloyd Perkins:waving:
This site has a link on buying 'experienced' Goldwings,(some call it used):laughing: that you should check out. Good luck in your search and happy riding.:action:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/used1200.htm

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the BEST fourm Eagleavn from Las Vegas NV.:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Atlanta GA. In the relatively short time that I've been around here I've found this to be a great source of information on GWs and I've made some good friends already.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Eagleavn wrote:
Howdy Eagleavn :waving: Welcome to the worlds greatest Goldwing Forum :claps:

[align=center][/align]

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome
Any Specific questions you have?
85-87 were still the 1200 4 cylinder, a good bike. Some problems with the charging systems but fixable with a car alternator kit.
88-2000 are 1500 6 cylinder. The Interstate model does not have reverse if you are looking for that.
How much is your budget and are you going to do the work the bike will need or a mechanic? Lots of variables especially if having the work done by a shop.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

newday777 wrote:
Welcome
Any Specific questions you have?
85-87 were still the 1200 4 cylinder, a good bike. Some problems with the charging systems but fixable with a car alternator kit.
88-2000 are 1500 6 cylinder. The Interstate model does not have reverse if you are looking for that.
How much is your budget and are you going to do the work the bike will need or a mechanic? Lots of variables especially if having the work done by a shop.
:waving:Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

No specific questions, but I think i like the Aspencade.....I think. I will be doing all my own work. What are the biggest thinks to look for? Are there any BIG problems to beware of??

Eagleavn :action:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Stators on the 1200s. The connector is the culprit next to the battery. It gets dirty and heats up causing the wires to fail and when 1 legs breaks you burn out the stator, engine removal to replace or put in an alternator.

1500- 88-89 carb jet size causes hesitation if it wasn't modified and rear brakes have smaller rotor.
94 possible shifter forks a problem(especially if there are/have been floorboard heel-toe shifter. 96 up they put in the Valkyrie Trans, much better. All in all the 1500 is a good bike.
As with any bike that has sat for years there will be a lot of work usually to bring one back unless it was properly prepared for a hibernation(usually not done).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.