Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello from Nova Scotia :waving:I just got a1979 GL1000 & Trying to find the right gap for the ngk sparkplug someone said to gap it at .032. On the internet it says to gap at .022 no matter what coil you have :?. Please tell me what gap is the right gap:baffled:thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

By "on the Internet" I think you are refering to the Cycle Innovations website, which mentions .022 gap. But that's if you are using their carb replacement. Otherwise, what I found was .026 gap for the GL1000, but there are some other GL1000 that should chime in shortly.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the fast reply I'll try.026 The plugs in the bike were set wrong I tryed the .022 & it was back firing when I was comming to a stop so I just left it till I checked with someone. So thank for your help :clapper:

Furmacs

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

.022 is too close. Between .025 and .030 is all fine and .026 is ideal as the gap will widen with use, so you have a good buffer up to .030 before they will need gapping again.
Welcome to the forum as well Furmacs. :waving:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the help. My wife says I need all the help I can get I dont think she is talking about the bike :action:

Thanks

Dana Furlotte:1000darkblue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.