Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I've read a little about the NGK Iridium spark plugs and I am considering putting them in my 07 Wing next year. Is there a specific number of plug recomended for the Wing? Can they be purchased over the net for someone who lives in the middle of nowhere?
Bill:?

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,911 Posts
imported post

You can purchase them on the net. On an 07 1800 I doubt you will notice any difference at all except perhaps longer life of the plugs. Do a search for irridium plugs for pros and cons.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I can order a set of four and get them delivered cheaper than you can get them at a parts house. I will find the link tonight for you.

The only goal with them should be longer plug life and possibly a little better mileage. They are not cure for all and horsepower monsters.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

I have them in my 08.

NGK# BKR6EIX-11

They are designed to last longer. Smoother Idle. No difference in performance. Cost more, I personally think they are worth it for the long life andsmoother idle.

Steve

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Iridium plugs are likely to be of more use in the older four cylinder 'Wings. They didn't have as powerful an ignition system as the later ones. The most gain with iridium plugs is the fine wire electrode will fire an arc at lower voltage than a standard massive electrode. The finer point concentrates the E field of the electrmotive force more so the voltage builds faster. They also are good in an engine using oil since they get hotter at the tip and fire through oil better. I don't think you'd gain your money's worth on the 1800, but they would be good if you had to start in cold weather with a weak battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.