Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was ordering new plugs for my Wing and called a NAPA store. I used the numbers obtained here on the Forum for the NGK plugs but was told that NGK has changed their numbering system.

The new numbers are:

Standard plugs = NGK 2923 (old #DPR8ES-L)
Iridium plugs = NGK 6681 (old #DR8EIX)

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:Both NGK numbers are good. My '83 takes NGK DPR8EA-9 which is the same as NGK 4929. Both of these numbers are on container that the plug comes in. "4929 is the stock number. Image below is a box that contained 10 NGK DPR8EA-9 spark plugs, notice both numbers on the box.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Go for the Iridiums. I put in a set 30K ago in my 83I and the ol' girl is still running sweet.

Regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes, I ordered the Iridium plugs as well as a new set of timing belts. I have no idea how many miles are on the old ones and don't intend to take any chances. This old wing runs way too good to chance a broken timing belt.

MAJOR renovation under way right now.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

When I bought my 83' almost 5 years ago, I had a mechanic friend of mine do the belts. After that, I discovered that these wonderful machines are actually pretty user friendly to a guy like me. I've got the ability but never really enjoyed turning a wrench on my cars. However, I basically re-built my ol' girl, replacing any and everything I could think of that might fail because of age, not mileage.(only had 32K on her). I actually enjoyed working on it. The effort has paid off in having a great way to enjoy life.

Enjoy and good riding to ya!

Hobie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.