Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We had a great ride yesterday in the Blue Mountain Region of Ontario Canada. Colours were out in full force.

What a great day and a great Ride.

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Oh the pretty time of the year but the most depressing. One knows the white stuff is coming and that the leaves are leaving the trees.

My Bride and I made a color ride Sunday. We went up the east side of Illinois and down the west side of Indiana. Some of the trees were turning but those are just the ones such as sasafras that goes bright red and yellow early. In two weeks the Covered Bridge festivals start up in the middle of Indiana. That is color time in the hills.

Your pictures show that you had a great time and are great pictures.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

monkeytrucker wrote:
Your pictures show that you had a great time and are great pictures.
The nice part about it is that we get to enjoy the fall colours twice..Right now it is here in Ontario..In 2 weeks we take our annual fall trip to Myrtle Beach S.C. and get to enjoy the colours that come out down there later on..The scenery in the Mountains is incredible on that trip.

Life is great.:applause:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Looks like you had a great ride Bob. Anita and I went to Simcoe last weekend to get some comping info and the trees along Lake Erie aren't turning yet. We should be able to get a leaf ride in soon.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

One of my favorite times of the year to ride. :thumbsup:

The Blue Mountains (along the southern shores of Georgian Bay) is a fav of mine to ride any time of year, but especially nice at this time of year.

I really missed the Hardwoods and their colour change when I lived out west. You can take the boy out of the Hardwoods, but you can't take the Hardwoods out of the boy.

The colours around Sault Saint Marie and the Muskokas were nice on my ride home today. Haven't had time to process and upload those shots yet, though.

I'm hoping to free up some time to take an Algonquin Park ride soon.

Glad you had a great day to ride through the area, Bob.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I was down along the Thousand Islands PKWY, up through Mallorytown, Elgin, Delta today, (Dusty know's the area) the leaves are on their way, another week & they'll be in splendour. :action::action::action:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
I was down along the Thousand Islands PKWY, up through Mallorytown, Elgin, Delta today, (Dusty know's the area) the leaves are on their way, another week & they'll be in splendour. :action::action::action:

:cooler: ...might just have to incorporate that area, along with Westport and Mazinaw into a full day's ride through Algonquin! :coollep:

Glad to see you n Barb made it back safely, Bob. :cool:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Let me know when to expect ya :applause:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Looks like it was a pretty day for a ride. Very nice pictures.

I didn't see you profiling that new fender though. :?

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Parman wrote:
Looks like it was a pretty day for a ride. Very nice pictures.

I didn't see you profiling that new fender though. :?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

:ROFL:But there is no landscape in the photo. :thumbsup:

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Parman wrote:
:ROFL:But there is no landscape in the photo. :thumbsup:
sorry,,,,,,,,, I will try to do better next time...:action::action:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Every year in Mena and Hatfield Ark, there is the CMA annual "Changing of the Colors" rally.Years agobefore CMA built their own camp grounds, etc, A friend of ours my wife and myself,rode up there for that event. The hills of Ark were ablaze with all colors of the different trees. A ride up to Queen Wilhelmina Palace was worth the ride. lots of twisties going up coming down. There was no way to observe the beautiful seniery unless you found a wide spot in the road..

On the way home from N-5, I couldn't find that little building that used to be the headquarters of CMA, did find their new campgrounds, its reallya nice one too..Maybe one day not in the too distant future, we'll make a trip back there for the Changing of the Colors, Till then Keep the pictures coming..

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Nice pic's:thumbsup:

Some of our trees are changing early this year.

Weatherman is calling for drabby fall colors in our area.

Guess we will have to take a ride in a few weeks to find out for oulselves.:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
We had a great ride yesterday in the Blue Mountain Region of Ontario Canada. Colours were out in full force.

What a great day and a great Ride.

Did you ride through Beaver Valley(Grey Rd 13)Hawggy?I like that area you were in far better than Algonquin Park.You get the colours as well as some pretty amazing views.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup..That is where the first picture by the ski slope was taken..Beaver valley..We rode up to Thornbury had a coffee at Timmys..Then rode back to The scenic Caves and then to Kimberley. We came back up the other road to meaford..Took it all in..Colour was fantastic Chris.:)

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
This is an example of the colour along Hwy 17 Monday, south of the Soo ....

and this was the scene along 69, in the Muskokas ....

Dusty

·
Just one of the guys
4,790 Posts
We are relly close to those colors now too. It will be great this weekend but the weather is not supposed to be good here.

·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I worked up in Thessalon for 4 years. The colours were something else. My favourite time of the year. ;)

This is an example of the colour along Hwy 17 Monday, south of the Soo ....

and this was the scene along 69, in the Muskokas ....

Dusty

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.