Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

If the weather guessers are right, I won't be riding much in the near future. I'm not complaining, it's been a very dry December and January so far and I've been riding a lot.

I had to run over to Tacoma for a few minutes after work today and this is what I saw on the way home, over the Tacoma Narrows.

On Sunday, I had a nice breakfast with some men from the church and then a friend and I went for a little ride out to Dewatto afterwards. These pictures are from that ride.

Dewatto Bay, part of the Hood Canal, and the mountains are part of the Olympic Mountain range.

John

·
Premium Member
63,070 Posts
imported post

Nice pictures John..

You could push some of that rain down our way and no one would be upset..........

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

You got a rough life there, John.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Getting old buddy? Seems a bit of rain never slowed you down before.:action:

BTW when you see NaturalyGW tell him we can share hearing aid batteries now. I discovered that a lot of older guys like me catch aids in their old age. I have seeing aids and hearing aids so far.

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

exavid wrote:
Rain, yeah, cold rain/snow +near/below freezing, not so much. I find out here in rural area that when it's near freezing in the open, there are frequently ice patches in the shady areas. I'm not real big on going sideways on the big bike. Those pucker marks on the seat are hard to get out.:D

I'll pass on your message to Greg. :ROFL: I require seeing aids myself for any near range work. :thumbsdown: I miss my pre-40 eyes a lot!

Bert, if'n I could figure out a way to get the rain to move on south to you I would. :cheesygrin:

Tigger, yeah it's rough but somebody's gotta do it. :ROFL:

Thanks Beenshot!

John

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Not too often you get to include a clear-cut as part of a scenic shot. Nice of them to do that.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:

BTW when you see NaturalyGW tell him we can share hearing aid batteries now. I discovered that a lot of older guys like me catch aids in their old age. I have seeing aids and hearing aids so far.
Even happens to us much younger guys.....!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Heck, when I go to bed at night anymore, only half of me does! Eyes come out (contacts), ears come out (hearing aids) -- but my teeth stay in, so far. One of the compensations is that I sleep better... more peaceful... can't see, can't hear anything! Lol, whoever said old age ain't for sissies was right on! Even though I'm not old....

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I like the "Fire in the Sky" John. :thumbsup:I have yet to get a shot like that.

And of course I never tire of seeing Snow Capped mountains :smiler:

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Not a bad way to end a riding season!

Thanks for sharing!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Nice pictures, looks like great place to ride.

I thought the old sailers saying was:

Pink skies at night = sailers delight
Pink in the morning = sailers take warning.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Great pic. John, Sooooo it dosn't rain all the time up there?? Just when you have NASSIER folks come up there..:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::readit::readit::readit::action::action:please try to make NASSIER5 we all would miss YOU!!!

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Very nice John, the snow has been coming down out here in spits and starts since yesterday afternoon. Not much of an accumulation on the roads at this time (<1") but the roads did freeze last night so the wife stayed in town instead of driving home after work.

Last week was quite nice and I see you took good advantage of it by the pictures. Wish I could have joined you but I've been busy cleaning up the damage from the flooding mess.

This won't last long and you'll be back to riding again soon!!!:action:

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Not too often you get to include a clear-cut as part of a scenic shot. Nice of them to do that.
Lol, that's what my wife said when I showed her the pics. :ROFL:

Winger77 wrote:
And of course I never tire of seeing Snow Capped mountains :smiler:
Me either Dave. That's why I spend so much time riding up to Rainier. :action: You'll get some sunset pictures soon I'm sure, as much as you ride.

jobe05 wrote:
I thought the old sailers saying was:

Pink skies at night = sailers delight
Pink in the morning = sailers take warning.
It is, and they were not wrong. Yesterday was a mixed bag with some rain showers early, but it was a beautiful sunny afternoon, and then the temps dropped quickly last night and snow and rain all over today. And yes, the PNW is a very nice place to ride. I am truly blessed to live in such a beautiful area!

Marcus Bacon wrote:
Great pic. John, Sooooo it dosn't rain all the time up there?? Just when you have NASSIER folks come up there..:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::readit::readit::readit::action::action:please try to make NASSIER5 we all would miss YOU!!!
Lol, no it doesn't rain here all the time, despite the bad press. :) It did let me down for NASSIR and for the WCWJAMR in 2010 though. Funny thing is for the WCWJAMR, we picked the historically driest weekend of the year. I had only rained on that weekend 5 times since they had been keeping records, but number 6 happened on our gathering. :ROFL: I would love to make NASSIR this year and will if there is any way to swing it, but it's not likely I'm afraid.:sadguy:

Hanko wrote:
Very nice John, the snow has been coming down out here in spits and starts since yesterday afternoon. Not much of an accumulation on the roads at this time (<1") but the roads did freeze last night so the wife stayed in town instead of driving home after work.
Wish I could have joined you but I've been busy cleaning up the damage from the flooding mess.
It turned out to be a pretty nice day down here yesterday, but it got cold fast last night and everything iced up here too. Dang, you're still working on the flood damage! I'm sorry to hear that! Any settlement from the insurance yet?

To everyone else, thanks for your kind comments. I was hoping you all would enjoy the pix.:waving:

John

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

John exaggerates a bit, the NW might have a week or two not fit for riding now and then but the real riding season is year around.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.