Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This morning, I on my GW and my friend on his VTX took a nice little ride to Crawford Tx. Population 703, at this time more than 5k. We left a little later than planned, due to some rain between here and there, but it took us around an hour to get there and we decided to check out the protester sites. Met a lot of bikers there, some real nice rides, some interesting rides, and a couple of downright strange looking rides, but no bunnies with pancakes on their head. I think it was about equal on the number of Cindy Sheenan supporters and pro Bush supporters. It is a nice area for a ride, except for some of the tourist have no idea about traffic laws or any idea on how to park a cage. Once all the protesters leave, I think I'll go back and enjoy riding on Prarrie Ranch RD, it has a nice selection of hills, curves, and straight line road along with dead armadillos, deer, and a few Secret Service agents along the way. The only resturant in town has the best bacon cheeseburger and onion rings that I have eaten in a long time. Overall, the bike ran great, handled great, and got me there and back in one piece 146 miles round trip and I didn't even get wet. So it was a great day.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice one Gene, that's what it's all about isn't it:cooler:

Any pics:baffled:

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a great time:waving:

I agree we need some pix:cool:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes, Pete it was a good ride. Unforunately, I didn't have a camera with me, to take any pictures, I'm not much of a photograher anyway, and if I had, I would had wasted film on women who wore too little on top, and my better half wouldn't let me come back home with pictures like that, so maybe it is better that I didn't take any. But it was definately wild up there. Talked to several vets who had been in Iraq, and didn't find one who wasn't proud of what we were doing there. One soldier Phil Kiver has wrote a chronicle of his time in Iraq as an army journalist called 182 Days in Iraq, and I hope to get a copy of it. Here a link to where to get it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1595710787/102-3519166-4179351?v=glance

We talked in detail, and like I figured out, the media only tells what it wants you to hear. But the ride was well worth the effort just for the chance to talk to these young men and women.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

GLester:

like I figured out, the media only tells what it wants you to hear.

Well, it sounds a lot like Vietnam...or any other place that features an unpopular war.
Nothing ever changes much.:(

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I forgot that I did take two pictures with my cell phone, one is the let freedom ring display and the other is my friend Quinton with the president (cardboard copy of course) at the resturant.

Attachments

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Now my fiend with the prez...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
He won't thank you for calling him a fiend!! Lol ( or did you mean the President:baffled:)

Pretty good quality pics for a cell phone mate:cooler:

Pete

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
GLester wrote:
He won't thank you for calling him a fiend!! Lol ( or did you mean the President:baffled:)

Pretty good quality pics for a cell phone mate:cooler:

Pete
Ah, fat fingers forgot an "r", but come to think of it, he is a fink at times, (not the president, my friend.).:D And this cheap molorola v220 takes pretty fair pictures for a phone.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Be sure to wave to the pres!! Use as many fingers in your wave as you see fit.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
Crawford???? probably no one of any consequense really lives there?????
Maybe a "Battery Engineer" or two?:goofygrin:

"CONSEQUENCE":baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

In Texas they're spelled "Tater" !:goofygrin::clapper:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.