Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This "Trike" owned by a Vet, on display at a car show,
check the power plant he used, it should haul .
The work and thought that went into the paint job is priceless.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

All I can say is WOWWWW!

Thanks for posting the pics.

:claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Seems that being a Veteran is the central point of his life, and he's very focused on that portion.

I wonder what else defines his life? Family, kids, other facets???

Or perhaps he's celebrating Veterans of history for their contribution?

I'd like to talk to the owner and ask a few questions.

In any case, a celebration for the least-selfish people on earth that defend our freedoms.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Excellent paint job. I've seen the statue of the 3 fellows on the trunk under the saying: The price of freedom is written on the wall". It's in Washington at the Vietnam memorial. Seeing that was a very moving experience.

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Neat trike but is a trailer queen as the paint job is way too expensive to chance a bug strike or rock chip. It has run a bit, probably in and out of the trailer, as witnessed by the slightly blued exhaust pipes below the headers.

I went to DC to see the wall when my friend and I were VIP guests at the National Security Agency for the installation of a EA-3B as a memoral for the crew from VQ-2 killed while trying to land on a carrier. Those VQ-1 and VQ-2 flights were so secret that the families of the crew killed were just told their family member died. The EA-3B installation was the first official recognition of how their deaths occured. My friend was a 1st Seargent in the army flying in the belly of a navy jet piloted by a navy captain and a marine major and he was the guy that told the flight crew where to go and what to do. At the installation several high navy brass with hash marks to their elbowsin their ice cream suits (that is what Jack called them) came up to us and asked what rank and when were crew members. Jack would puff up and say "I was an Army SgtFC and I told the navy taxi drivers where to go." That evoked quite a bit of interest. Some even acknowledged they knew the existance of VQ-1 flying the coast of China, North Korea, Russia, and a few other places the POTUS and JCS wanted electronic intercepts from.

When we got to the National Mall they had 3/4th of the Vietnam Memorial boarded up while installing lights. My friends were behind the boarded up portion. So I had to just leave my memory artifacts for supposed placement later by some park service person. Yeah right! The WWII memorial was just new and I got to see the parts my Father was part of. I personally thought all of the soldier figures of the Korean War Memorial were the ones that moved me the most. But the traveling Vietnam wall did when I have visited it.

For those that are wanting to visiting DC here is a tip. Hire a Limo to take you around. They deliver you to the sights with the least of trouble, are waiting for you when you are ready to go to the next site and like at the mall you walk in on one end and they meet you at the other end. If we did not have 2 mobility scooters and a friendly mountain of a motorcycle cop that told us to park in the end of the bus parking lane we would still have been driving around looking for a spot to park.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
Excellent paint job. I've seen the statue of the 3 fellows on the trunk under the saying: The price of freedom is written on the wall". It's in Washington at the Vietnam memorial. Seeing that was a very moving experience.
Amen.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Hey Hamggy that's a great trike. I work at a vterns home in PA their are Viatnam veterns their .They would enjoy that trike very much.When I get back to work i will have to tell them about.Thanks for posting it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.