Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get occasional snow here in the Willamette valley. But not since '69 have we been hammered like this. We got 18" over less than two days. Had to drive the Bronco a lot. No power for 3 days. And we had it fairly easy compared to some of our friends who are still blocked by dozens of downed trees, no power, deep snow, etc. And in March??? Dang!

This pic was the morning after the snow started. I spent that day sweeping off my roof (not snow rated. 2x2 rafters for _od's sake) and it didn't stop until the next day. Bike is under the carport right next to the Bronco.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,228 Posts
do you have one of the slick little poles with the plastic liner under it?

slide it up the roof, and the snow just slides down the liner, easy peasy

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never heard of a pole with a plastic liner like that. But then again this is the most snow at once in my almost 45 years in this area.

Like that famous quote. it's 'Abby-normal'. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Never heard of a pole with a plastic liner like that. But then again this is the most snow at once in my almost 45 years in this area.

Like that famous quote. it's 'Abby-normal'. :wink2:

It's called a Avalanche

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Administrator
25,719 Posts
do you have one of the slick little poles with the plastic liner under it?

slide it up the roof, and the snow just slides down the liner, easy peasy
By the time he got it the snow will probably be gone and he'll never need it again. I have my doubts it would work in most cases anyway.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
By the time he got it the snow will probably be gone and he'll never need it again. I have my doubts it would work in most cases anyway.
On the contrary....My brother owns one and he can do 1/2 his house in less than 30 minutes. If you have less than a foot of snow, it's the bee's knees!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts