Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

when I first use the brake it goes all the way down, you hit it again youhave a little, again even better. Is anyone else having problem with the roadsmith brake?:?:?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]Welcome skaggs5651[/align]

[align=center]This is not normal under[/align]

[align=center]any circumstance. [/align]

[align=center]Still under warranty,[/align]

[align=center]either by Honda, or[/align]

[align=center]the company that built[/align]

[align=center]the trike.:waving:[/align]
[align=center]Take it back to get it fixed[/align]

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
imported post

and after you've built up the pedal and then released the brake for 15 sec. you have to pump them up again?
IF it has drum style brakes sounds like classic out of adjustment shoes.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome
If its under warrenty, take it to them. Hand brake, foot brake, parking brake? You didn't mention which. Shouldn't be that way on any of them.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Is this front or back brake? If its the back, are they shoes or pads? If shoes, they might just need adjusting out. If they are pads, you might have air that needs bleeding out. If its under warranty I would say let the dealer do it for you.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
imported post

you can not get more pedal if there is air in system must be out of adjustment . warranty!!!!

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

According to the roadsmith web site it has disk brakes from a VW beetle. May be a warped rotor causing the caliper pistons to be pushed back in. Could also be a stuck slide pin but on something this new I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

You are right it is vw set-up. It is the back pedal brake. We rode it a couple hundred miles today and didn't have a bit of trouble! Thanks everyone!:claps:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.