·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

Not sure why there would even be a question of guilt. Someone comes into my house unannounced, with malice, .... well, their probably not gonna be able to walk out. If they don't like it, don't come in.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
imported post

I guess the Justice system must have a lot of extra time on their hands.

Grrrrrrrrrr !

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Not sure why there would even be a question of guilt. Someone comes into my house unannounced, with malice, .... well, their probably not gonna be able to walk out. If they don't like it, don't come in.
Agreed. And that's the way it should be w/o question. Guess I must be way too old fashioned to understand how in the heck you even think of prosecuting someone for defending themselves IN THEIR OWN HOME.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

For you U.S. citizens that believe you have a right to defend your own home and family..... are you members of the NRA? If not, you might want to consider joining because the NRA has led the charge here for "Castle Doctrine" laws -- laws which acknowledge that right, a right that really is Natural Law, the law of self-defense.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

[align=CENTER]NOTICE[/align] [align=CENTER]to any would be robbers of my house[/align] [align=CENTER]If you get past the Security System[/align] [align=CENTER]the Dogs, and my Wife with a 12 gauge,[/align] [align=CENTER]you can have anything you want.[/align] [align=CENTER]
[/align] [align=CENTER]PS[/align] [align=CENTER]the security system is really f---ing loud [/align] [align=CENTER]the dogs are Hungry[/align] [align=CENTER]and my Wife rarely misses.[/align]

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
For you U.S. citizens that believe you have a right to defend your own home and family..... are you members of the NRA? If not, you might want to consider joining because the NRA has led the charge here for "Castle Doctrine" laws -- laws which acknowledge that right, a right that really is Natural Law, the law of self-defense.
I think the NRA also offers insurance to represent you in case you're involved in a self defense shooting.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

...that man shouldn't've fell on that knife like that.

Dumba$$ Burglars...what else yougonna do?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Thats nice to know. I think my insurance is cheaper,( a back hoe and 200 acres), just kidding.:ssshh:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Somebody walks into my home unwelcome there will be fluids spilled... the red kind, and not mine or my families
Yup. I feel they have sacrificed all rights when they knowingly come into my house, my castle, and threaten me or my family. The Law of Self-Defense is a Natural Law, a Natural Right, and predates any government organization, regulation, or man-made law..... And deep in our hearts we all know this......

I may still die, but I'll die on my feet protecting myself and my others.... on my feet like a man, never on my knees like a slave.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

Yep, if I die protecting my family I know damn well the person or people that killed me are going on that final ride with me.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

The laws in Canada allow self defense to the point of protection but do not allow a free hand with regards to judge, jury and execution because some magic line got crossed.

I agree that where there are non lethal options, violence should be limited.

However if I allow someone the firstuse of a weaponit severely limits my ability to protect myself. There has been a reluctance in the legal system accepting this in the past but there appear to be changes coming.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

right to protect me and mine.Yep there should be no question.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I fully realize that if I offed someone who was attacking me in my house, or anywhere else for that matter, I will be forced to spend all my life savings and more defending myself not in criminal court would I would likely be found not quilty of murder or manslaughter by means of self defense but will be financially wiped out in civil court by the perp's family members. Setting actual fact aside, OJ was found not guilty of murder but was also sued by the victim's families for wrongful death of said victims. He lost the case in court and was ordered to pay for the wrongful deaths. Interesting no? Not guilty in criminal court but liable in civil court.

All that being said if you come at me or mine I'll pay the price.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.