Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As we all know, I am in the midst of a trade here, I just recieved another email from him about the bike. I told him to check the main fuse? He will get back to me.

Below is what he said about the 1980 GL1100

----------------------------------------------------------------

I gave it a full charge this weekend, put fresh premium gas in the tank and went to start it.... but it would not fire.... it turnned over, but no spark. I spoke with a friend who knows bikes far better than I and he thinks it is most likely a relay. I am going to try and have him come take a look at it this next weekend.

What I would like to do is get it up and running so I could drive it to you to look at and to let me see the truck. I will let you know what I find out.

Kenn

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

OK gurus ....any help here for Randy ...No spark...possible causes ?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

and if someone has a 1980 goldwing , could you post up a photo of where the relays are and which one is the starter relay?

His friend notes it may be a relay. although I think its a main fuse.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

ran429 wrote:

As we all know, I am in the midst of a trade here, I just recieved another email from him about the bike. I told him to check the main fuse? He will get back to me.

Below is what he said about the 1980 GL1100

----------------------------------------------------------------

I gave it a full charge this weekend, put fresh premium gas in the tank and went to start it.... but it would not fire.... it turnned over, but no spark. I spoke with a friend who knows bikes far better than I and he thinks it is most likely a relay. I am going to try and have him come take a look at it this next weekend.

What I would like to do is get it up and running so I could drive it to you to look at and to let me see the truck. I will let you know what I find out.

Kenn, have him check the handlebar KILL SWITCH if that switch is accidentally turned off it will crank but not spark.. That switch being off happens a lot..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Randy,

If it was theMAIN fuse it wouldn't even turn over. If it's not the kill switch have him use another spark plug to check for spark by shorting it against the engine while plugged into a cap and turning it over. If it sparks, then it is probably a fuel problem.

Bob :11grey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.