Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have swaped motors on my GL100. It seams that there is no no fuel going to the motor. There is fuel present before and after the fuel pump. If I feed it starter fluid through the air intake it starts and dies. The fuel pump ispushing fuel with the hose disconenected when craking the motor. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,761 Posts
imported post

Have you determined if the fuel is getting to either bank of the carbs? This is really pretty simple. If the fuel ppump is pumping, and you are getting fuel into the hose, but not the carbs, a hose must be blocked. If you are getting fuel to one bank and not the other, then that hose must be plugged. To neither side, the main hose, or the "T" fitting must be blocked.

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

No "T" fitting on an 1100 Dennis, just FYI.
Are you using the same carbs you did before or the ones that came with the engine? If the carbs have sat for some time with fuel in them the jets could be clogged or the float needle valves stuck closed.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I am using the carbs that were on the bike, but the bike did sit for over a yearbefore I swapped the motor. The fuel that was in them was definetly bad. I do have a spare carb set. Can anyone recomend someone to rebuild the spare set? That way I can swap with a rebuilt set?

Thanks, Steven

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,761 Posts
imported post

If you can swap a motor, you can clean carbs. If you are going to put new parts in, buy the good stuff. OEM or Randaaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.