Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

MY PROBLEM IS I AM ONLY RUNNING ON 3 CYLINDERS.THE FRONT RIGHT CARB IS NOT GETTING ANY FUEL.I HAVE LOTS OF FIRE ON IT BUT NO FUEL COMING TO THE CARB.WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM? ANY ADVISE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.I HAVE A 1982 GOLDWING INTERSTATE 1100GL

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Is it not even getting into the float bowl? If not, you may have a stuck float needle.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey buddyboy :waving: Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I AM TRYING TO REMOVE THE CARBURATORS AS ONE UNIT SO IT CAN BE CHECKED.IT IS NOT AN EASY JOB WHEN YOU NEVER DONE IY BEFORE. I AM TRYING TO DISCONNECT THE THROTTLE CABLES BUT AM NOT SURE HOW TO DO IT. ANY TIPS WOULD BE GREAT.THANKS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Hello,

The throttle cables are kinda tough the first time around. The way I did it was to slide the entire unit to the left side (as seen when sitting on bike) after getting the vacuum hose, fuel line, choke, and intake pipes disconnected. It will probably take some time as it is a tight fit, but you will figure it out. Putting it back together was tougher in my opinion.

However, there may be others on the list who have better methods than this. I had to do this 5 times until I got my carbs figured out.

Be careful not to bend anything when you are moving the entire unit to the left. Whatever you do do not force it over.

JM Wolfe

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

THANKS. I HAVE THE CARBS COMPLETELY APART EXCEPT FOR THE THROTTLE CABLES.THIS IS WHERE I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO DISCONNECT.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING ABOUT BEING TIGHT.I HAVE EVERYTHING UNHOOKED EXCEPT THE 2 THROTTLE CABLES AND WOW IT IS TIGHT.I DIDN'T KNOW AT THE TIME THAT THE CARBS CAME OUT AS ONE UNIT, UNTIL I TOOK EVERYTHING APART.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

The throttle cables are easier to remove if you loosen up the throttle cable locknut and turn the adjusting barrel all the way in at the hand throttle. This provides the necessary slack for ease of cable removal at the carburetor assembly. Also remove the tops of the carbs and the springs and pistonsin the carbs that feed the #1and #3 cylinders. When I tore into my carbs I found a little filter screen under the float needle seats on each carb. The one that isn't getting fuel could be plugged. On my 82 GL1100 the floats are set at 15.5mm. This is what the Clymer book says for the 82 gl1100. The carb end of the throttle cables have a nut on them that you have to remove to get the cables off of the throttle spool. They are a real pain I think a 10mm wrench is the correct size to back off the nuts. If you have a shop that sells o-rings get 4 viton o-rings they are about 40x2.5 mm the part number here in the states is A5568-129 they were only about $3.75 for all four. Hope this will help. Norman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.