Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

The throttle cables are easier to remove if you loosen up the throttle cable locknut and turn the adjusting barrel all the way in at the hand throttle. This provides the necessary slack for ease of cable removal at the carburetor assembly. Also remove the tops of the carbs and the springs and pistonsin the carbs that feed the #1and #3 cylinders. When I tore into my carbs I found a little filter screen under the float needle seats on each carb. The one that isn't getting fuel could be plugged. On my 82 GL1100 the floats are set at 15.5mm. This is what the Clymer book says for the 82 gl1100. The carb end of the throttle cables have a nut on them that you have to remove to get the cables off of the throttle spool. They are a real pain I think a 10mm wrench is the correct size to back off the nuts. If you have a shop that sells o-rings get 4 viton o-rings they are about 40x2.5 mm the part number here in the states is A5568-129 they were only about $3.75 for all four. Hope this will help. Norman

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.