Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just rented out our place in Florida so we're staying in our daughter's apartment and keeping the bike stored in a friend's lockup. Definitely feeling the loss of a garage to do little things to the bike while I'm in the States (cuddling it, kissing it etc etc) and need to change the tires soon. Anyone in the same boat and has got some useful tips? :?

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I kept mine in the kitchen for some time back in the early 70's. I had no garage either. Yep, didn't leak oil so no problem. Had only one step to go up so wasn't too bad :)

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

That's a loss Tim. What about one of those temporary cloth storage thins, or a big tent? Down in Florida you just want something to cover the bike up, and you can keep your tools indoors.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
I kept mine in the kitchen for some time back in the early 70's. I had no garage either. Yep, didn't leak oil so no problem. Had only one step to go up so wasn't too bad :)
Second floor. Would have to take a run at it!:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Zeke66 wrote:
That's a loss Tim. What about one of those temporary cloth storage thins, or a big tent? Down in Florida you just want something to cover the bike up, and you can keep your tools indoors.
HOA nazis don't allow that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

:( I say this with a heart filled with love, dude...it sucks to be you right now...:sadguy: (here's a man-hug fer ya...:needahug:)

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

What part of Florida are you in?

I live in Tampa and have a small shop (man cave)in St Pete.

If you live close enough and need to do any work on your bike let me know.

I am over at the shop a lot after work and on weekends, (unless I am riding)

Peter

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

How about one of those "first up" 10x10 portable roofs. Sets up in minutes for picnic's, or to get out of the sun to work on the bike, and then, take it down when finished.

Takes less than 5 minutes to put up or take down.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I don't know how anyone could live without a garage if they are into vehicles of any kind. I've had a garage for just over 20 years, I have 2 vintage cars, my Vulcan 750, all my tools, chemicals, etc in there. I also have a large shed in the back yard with a couple of bikes in it, have 4 bikes in my living room, and the Goldwing on the covered back patio.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

JerryH wrote:
I don't know how anyone could live without a garage if they are into vehicles of any kind. I've had a garage for just over 20 years, I have 2 vintage cars, my Vulcan 750, all my tools, chemicals, etc in there. I also have a large shed in the back yard with a couple of bikes in it, have 4 bikes in my living room, and the Goldwing on the covered back patio.
ahhhh-HA! A bloody BACHELOR!!! :cheesygrin: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

I bought a garage tent from harbor freight . Work great! was like 250 bucks.... I work on my bike in it all the time... plenty of room...

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

This seems ike a good place to drop a note ... I run a terminal for a truckinig co. in Sumner, WA and have 2 full grade level bays that sit mostly empty (except for mine and another employees' bikes during the day). I can't get away with long term storage but if anyone ever finds themselves broke down or needing a place to hang for a while, send me a pm.

So moral is, Cymru ... if you were on the left coast I could help. Best of luck.

Pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.