Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great lookin 98 1500 with a full trike kit that damn thing was all OVER
the road just kept wandering she called it "Lurch" I've got a like new 89 Aspencade now
but i'll sell it before triking it...and those Voyager "Training Wheel" kits are even worse..
and IMO DANGEROUS

SO WHAT DID WE DO?

I went to the HD dealer and shelled out 35,000.00 for a new 2019 Tri Glide
THIS...is a real trike. Of course it was MADE as a trike from the factory
and rides/handles fantastic

I know it's a chunk of change...but if you REALLY want a good trike the Tri Glides are the only way to go.
This is just IMO after owning/riding Goldwing 3 and 4 wheelers
2019 UP there is a world of improvements but you can buy a 2009-up Tri Glide for 15K up
Go ride one and decide for yourself before commenting

·
Magic Moderator
4,783 Posts
Very nice. Your prior trike may have needed the steering head bearings adjusted and they were sloppy or short wheelbase with 6* rake.
Good luck with your new trike.
:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know someone else said that, I never checked them
Happy with the new Tri Glide tho, glad we went that route

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,278 Posts
A Can Am would be my choice if I went to 3 wheels.
Gumbyredd
flylow "Charlie and Connie" went with the CanAm trike, it fit their old legs better, and Connie is more comfortable on it.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Hope you have many happy miles on her. Ive got an 07 Lehman Monarch II with over 70,000 miles on her I happily put on. The Harleys frame was a Lehman design until they changed it just enough to call it their own. They shanked Lahman and put them in a death spiral.

·
Trike Master
1,263 Posts
Owned a 2006 Wing with a Hannigan conversion. 4 1/2deg rake. Rode great perhaps yours was not installed properly or needed head bearings torqued or replaced.
Rake kit needed with a Voyager unit also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Owned a 2006 Wing with a Hannigan conversion. 4 1/2deg rake. Rode great perhaps yours was not installed properly or needed head bearings torqued or replaced. life with
Owned a 2006 Wing with a Hannigan conversion. 4 1/2deg rake. Rode great perhaps yours was not installed properly or needed head bearings torqued or replaced.
Hope you have a good time with your Harley. I am done with Harleys.
My 1989 Goldwing with a Lehman conversion is my ride. No problems with it.
My 2005 Harley trike is over against the wall in the barn waiting for me to find out how to plug in a new speed sensor in the transmission and replace the exhaust gaskets.
I will never leave on a ride on anything but my Goldwing

·
Magic Moderator
4,783 Posts
Or in my case if you're 5'4" and you happen to like a Goldwing, a trike is the best way to keep you from being the 'Entertainment'.
:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why would any able bodied person want a trike?
Because, in reality, they are not able bodied. But, I think brain has to kick in first, that is, why can’t the concept of having three wheels, with 2 of the 3 should be upfront instead of in reverse, be understood a ‘trike rider’?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,278 Posts
I have given up my 1800, dropping it off at my son's home in 3 weeks time.
i am now riding my Piaggio MP3 scooter, which does have 2 wheels in front, and single drive wheel in the rear.

I don't think of it as a 'Trike", because the suspension on it leans just like a motorcycle leans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Someday you will drive a trike too, if you live long enough.
Nobody rides a trike, they are driven, like a car, steering the machine
with the front wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Someday you will drive a trike too, if you live long enough.
Nobody rides a trike, they are driven, like a car, steering the machine
with the front wheel.
It is a whole new ball game from a 2 wheeler, you can smell the roses.:)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Have a 2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE and my '85 GL1200 Limited Edition. The 3 wheel concept is not new, snowmobiles started the 2 in front and one in back in the late '60s and early '70s to extend the riding season. Looked into the HD trike, and could not find information on the HD site regarding a towing package for the HD trike. Does it have one, and if so does HD produce a trailer hitch and wiring harness for the HD trike? Only trike per say that has a towing package from the OEM is the BRP Can-Am Spyder. Just wondering.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts