Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1500 unexpectedly sat for two and a half months while I was in the hospital. No battery tender, no charging before trying. Today I got home and hit the button and it fired right up with no drama. Of course I do not have as much electronics as some.

Farkle-IBA.jpg

Farkle-IBB.jpg

It was nice to take it out for a ride, even if it was a short one.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,826 Posts
Yup,
some have a lot more electronics than you do :)

Apparently, your bike does not have very much of a parasitic drain on the battery.

My 1800 gets very unhappy after about 3 weeks and no sipping bottle. :(
Special reason for that, and I am considering making a change. As of now, my Analog Voltmeter is wired direct to the Battery Terminals.... Did that so I could see the exact amount of the charge whilst I am just wandering around in the shop....

Now, with my more infrequent rides, I am going to move it to the Accessory Terminal on the Fuse Block.
It will drop a few tenths of a volt, but I think just seeing a pattern is more important than the actual reading.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 1500 unexpectedly sat for two and a half months while I was in the hospital. No battery tender, no charging before trying. Today I got home and hit the button and it fired right up with no drama. Of course I do not have as much electronics as some.

View attachment 322185

View attachment 322186

Can we see what you get in the basement of your bike:D

·
Registered
97 Posts

View attachment 322185

View attachment 322186

Do you know you can use the same GPS to come back home, no need to own 2.😂

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,826 Posts
Do you know you can use the same GPS to come back home, no need to own 2.😂
we like to make it more fun, we have 3 :rolleyes:

the Garmin on the dash, and two cellphones that argue with each other. 🖐

1 - 7 of 7 Posts