Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, I have . I keep a maintainer on it. It's good.
When checking the battery, you should get 14v. (That is ideal). Your wing might torn over at 12v. But anything under that will most likely just not enough to roll it over.

Have you tried starting it with the charger on the battery? I may be going down the wrong path here, but it’s worth giving it a shot.

·
Administrator
24,379 Posts
The revers diode assy on the frame behind the right saddle bag has a tendency to come unplugged, I think you can reach it with the seat removed.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A HUGE thank you to DBohrer for helping me diagnose my issue. It was the reverse lever switch. He helped me check several things which lead to the switch. I got to the old one and started playing with the plunger. Sometimes the light would come on, sometimes it would not. Ordered a new one and ready to install. Thank you all, for the help and suggestions. Gave me several things to try and to rule out things.
And again, Thank you
DBohrer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
O.M.G! Thanks to this forum I have followed what has been said about the "no neutral light and won't start" tips and after a couple of days faffing around it's back to normal!! Reverse lever removed and a good spraying behind with WD-40 and it's good to go. Thanks to everyone who has had an input into this problem I am so,so grateful. 👍

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
O.M.G! Thanks to this forum I have followed what has been said about the "no neutral light and won't start" tips and after a couple of days faffing around it's back to normal!! Reverse lever removed and a good spraying behind with WD-40 and it's good to go. Thanks to everyone who has had an input into this problem I am so,so grateful. 👍

Hey Mr. Fox, You might like to read the attached document. Its been lurking around on my computer for some time....!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Mr. Fox, You might like to read the attached document. Its been lurking around on my computer for some time....!!
Thankyou, but for some reason it won't open for me but I only have my phone and no computer so maybe that's why. - spanners 1- techstuff 0

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
It is kind of a wonder that the neutral light works as well as it does. :surprise: The wiring for the light goes through 9 connectors before it is able to light. Plus a couple of switches have to work right.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Been riding Hondas since 1967. Last year on a trip far from home, stopped for a break, bike did what you describe (except for the neutral light). After 2 hours of disassembly, frantic phone calls etc., noticed the kill button was on. Now that's the first thing I check.
I'm not sure where your neutral switch is but if you can pull the wire and ground it, that'll tell you if the switch is bad.
Another time the symptoms were exactly as you described, again far from home. Push started it. The problem was in the reverse setup. Don't remember the exact cause but I adjusted the cables, checked the switches....OK now.
Good luck. Tell us the outcome eh?

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Been riding Hondas since 1967. Last year on a trip far from home, stopped for a break, bike did what you describe (except for the neutral light). After 2 hours of disassembly, frantic phone calls etc., noticed the kill button was on. Now that's the first thing I check.
I'm not sure where your neutral switch is but if you can pull the wire and ground it, that'll tell you if the switch is bad.
Another time the symptoms were exactly as you described, again far from home. Push started it. The problem was in the reverse setup. Don't remember the exact cause but I adjusted the cables, checked the switches....OK now.
Good luck. Tell us the outcome eh?
The neutral switch is right above the "Oil Dip Stick"...!!

The reverse cables move an arm that makes the "neutral switch" send a ground (or not) to the starting circuit.....!!

7. The reverse “neutral” switch provides a ground for the following:

a. To trigger the reverse relay switch (which provides ground to trigger the starter relay A)

b. To trigger the starter relay B.

c. The reverse control unit.

8. If the reverse “neutral” switch is good, then check the reverse cables for proper adjustment and the reverse arm alignment (right side of the engine).

21 - 32 of 32 Posts